Power seats - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Squarecat

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-22-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Pugulis
2001 WJ 

Power seats

So I've got my new WJ and the only thing I don't like about it, compared to my ZJ, is it doesn't have power seats. I have to say, these non powered seats suck! Anyway, I know that some things on my ZJ had the wiring in place, even though it didn't come equipped (like fog lights). My question is, is the wiring in place for powered seats, even if it didn't come equipped with power seats. I'd like to put in power seats, but don't want it to be a project.

[_][]☺[][][]☺[][_] RIP to my 96' Grand Cherokee Laredo 344,700 miles and welcome to my new 2001 WJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Squarecat
1993 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.wjjeeps.com/seats/seats.htm sez:

"Upgrading to power or power/heated seats (Laredo models)

Power or power/heated seats can be added to most WJ's that came with standard seats. The entire seat assemblies will have to be exchanged. All seats use the same bolt pattern so the installation fit will always be exact. For power seat wiring, all that is required is a constant +12V wire and a Ground wire. Vehicles that came without power seats are not pre-wired. For the Ground wire it is probably best to run it over to the center console area where it can be attached to a metal bracket. Do not drill a hole in the floor below the seat. For the power lead, run a wire with an in-line fuse up to the fuse panel area where you can find a + wire to tap into."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
99SK04GTX likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-22-2017, 10:31 PM
blueseasons1
2000 WJ 

This IS news to me I thought all WJ's came with power seats. Heated seats were an option.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-22-2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Pugulis
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseasons1 View Post
This IS news to me I thought all WJ's came with power seats. Heated seats were an option.
Well my 2001 Laredo has stock seats and no power. They're pretty comfortable, except they are way to low. If the seats in my ZJ weren't in such bad shape, I'd swap them in. I actually thought about removing the power seat rail from the ZJ and using it with the WJ. But that would require some doing as well, since the power lumbar and recline wouldn't be there. I saw someone selling leather seats on craigslist for 225 (front and rear).

[_][]☺[][][]☺[][_] RIP to my 96' Grand Cherokee Laredo 344,700 miles and welcome to my new 2001 WJ
post #5 of 8 Old 07-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Ravenbar
2002 WJ 

Garage
Related question

My Jeep came with a power drivers seat and manual passengers seat(Cloth).

I'll be pulling out a set of heated leather seats out of a Jeep I'm going to be pulling a bunch of parts off in the next couple weeks. What an I going to need to do to get them working? I'll be pulling the heated seats ashtray out so I'll have the switches. Hoping it's just a plug and play.

Project Thumper:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-23-2017, 10:03 AM
Squarecat
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenbar View Post
My Jeep came with a power drivers seat and manual passengers seat(Cloth).

I'll be pulling out a set of heated leather seats out of a Jeep I'm going to be pulling a bunch of parts off in the next couple weeks. What an I going to need to do to get them working? I'll be pulling the heated seats ashtray out so I'll have the switches. Hoping it's just a plug and play.

Go to the link I posted above. There's a section called "Heated Seats"

post #7 of 8 Old 07-23-2017, 10:30 AM
Ravenbar
2002 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecat View Post
Go to the link I posted above. There's a section called "Heated Seats"

I've read through that several times recently and still am unsure. From what I can make out, I'll need to run a wire up to behind the radio from the seat harness.

Project Thumper:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Squarecat
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenbar View Post
I've read through that several times recently and still am unsure. From what I can make out, I'll need to run a wire up to behind the radio from the seat harness.

The key section includes:
"The PCI Bus wire is run from the drivers seat to a location under the dash where you can tap into any PCI wire. Most owners have just tapped into the Bus at the radio harness. On 1999-2001 WJ's, a single separate PCI wire plugs into the back of the radio. For 2002-2004 models tap in to Pin 14 of the 22-pin radio harness."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.