power-to-manual seat swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > power-to-manual seat swap

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300

Unread 09-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
printC8893

power-to-manual seat swap

In case I can't find a power seat at the junkyard, would a 2000 manual seat bolt in where I remove the 2000 power seat?

printC8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

.....yes.....

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
printC8893

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Sorry if I didn't make myself very clear. I'm not trying to weld anything. I'm trying to expand my chances of getting a cheap seat by looking at junkyards for either a power or non-power driver seat for my 2000 Grand Cherokee. Right now it's a power seat which has a frame with mutiple breaks in it. If I can't find a power seat but do find a non-power seat (from a 1999 to 2004 Grand Cherokee) I was wondering if that would work. In other words, 1) is the bolt pattern the same and, 2) would any other modifications need to be made to swap to a non-power seat (other than removing the old electrical stuff)?

The top of your response said just "yes". So I can unbolt the power seat with the four floorpan bolts and replace it with a non-power seat, and the holes will line up and the seat will work manually just like a manual seat is supposed to? Thanks again. This forum is fantastic.
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

If you take a non power seat from a junk yard take the track with it. Not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure the tracks are different. The only difference between the actual seats it's the power motor

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
MIKEJONES

It will bolt right in and work fine.
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
printC8893

Thank you rcwj04 and Mike Jones. This helps a ton.
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
rcwj04

2004 WJ 

Yeah ignore what I said about the tracks. I was thinking of converting a seat to power. The seat will just bolt in

Quote:

2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.