Popping while braking/fwrd body roll - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Popping while braking/fwrd body roll

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
WJ_allday04

2004 WJ 

Popping while braking/fwrd body roll

So i just got my wj inspected last week and she passed! Anyways, they installed the balljoints that i had laying on my back seat too which was nice. Before i had the inspection, i was getting a popping noise when i was braking when the body rolls forward. Its moderately loud and more noticeable after the inspection. I can feel the pop in the brake pedal and not the steering. There was a small steel rod dangling from a hole next to the lower spring perch that is about 8in long with 3in bends on each end. I had no idea what it was to i grabbed in and set it in the back. The ball joints (all 4) that were installed have been greased and my tre's are in decent shape, but im replacing them sunday because im chasing DW. Any ideas/suggestions would help alot. Thanks!

24" light bar//x2 3" duallys//JK steelies//31's

My Build Thread
WJ_allday04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
akoutdoors1
2000 WJ 

Take a pic of the rod and post it.
akoutdoors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
nickfast
2003 WJ 

Sounds like swaybar link off the top of my head.
nickfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
WJ_Bowne

2000 WJ 

If I remember correctly, I had he same thing. I took the calipers off, greased the pins and cleaned them Up and it went away. I think the pins were getting stuck.
Unread 07-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
akoutdoors1
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfast View Post
Sounds like swaybar link off the top of my head.
I'll check the bushings. Thanks.
Unread 07-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
akoutdoors1
2000 WJ 

Looks like I thread-jacked a dead thread, than confused it with one of my threads. Don't sleep-surf kids, you'll regret it later.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.