Popping while braking/fwrd body roll - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Popping while braking/fwrd body roll

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
WJ_allday04
Caught Jeepn'

2004 WJ 

Popping while braking/fwrd body roll

So i just got my wj inspected last week and she passed! Anyways, they installed the balljoints that i had laying on my back seat too which was nice. Before i had the inspection, i was getting a popping noise when i was braking when the body rolls forward. Its moderately loud and more noticeable after the inspection. I can feel the pop in the brake pedal and not the steering. There was a small steel rod dangling from a hole next to the lower spring perch that is about 8in long with 3in bends on each end. I had no idea what it was to i grabbed in and set it in the back. The ball joints (all 4) that were installed have been greased and my tre's are in decent shape, but im replacing them sunday because im chasing DW. Any ideas/suggestions would help alot. Thanks!

JEGS 2 chamber muffler//custom air intake//Kenwood 255u
HiFonics 1000w amp//sony xplod 6x9//2x Kicker comp 10"
Current: Special Edition part swap
WJ_allday04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.