Please tell me its not the tranny... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Please tell me its not the tranny...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
braddf
2001 WJ 

Please tell me its not the tranny...

On the way home today, i noticed when upshifting from 2-3 and 3-4 (havent tried 4-5) it sounds like metal is scraping and then it stops and shifts. I have the 4.0, stock, with only 97,XXX on it. It is an 01.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/disappearing-coolant-fix-thread-2103993/#post20305169
braddf is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Did you check the fluid? If there is a noise as you described and it only happens while going in or out of a gear then most likely is a trans issue.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.