Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Please help me work out what lift I have. Someone with a standard height WJ?

839 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  georged 
#1 ·
Can someone out there with a standard height WJ meausre a height for me please :wave:

We recently bought a 2004 WJ (WG Aussie) and pretty sure the PO lifted it a bit.

For reference purposes in the future it would be good to know if it has indeed been lifted and by how much.

Due to all the different tire sizes that everyone has on their WJ's making it inaccurate to measure from the ground to anything on the vehicle I measured from the dead centre of all the wheels vertically up to the top of the wheel arches.

The measurement is fairly consistent at all four wheels and is just over 21 and a half inches (550mm in metric).

I'll take a pic and whack it up tomorrow.

#2 ·
If you measured from the center of the wheel (hub) to the top of the fender and got 21 1/2 , that would be about a 3" lift since factory is right around 18 inches front and 19 rear

#3 ·
Well there ya go. Thanks jeep :thumbsup: :cheers2:

That might explain a few things. It looks fairly tall to others I've seen, and it came with complimentary DW as an added bonus :laugh: Nearly fixed the DW now when I machined up and fitted harder Track Bar bushes, tomorrow I replace all the TRE's. The track bar seems fairly new and is adjustable so that's not OEM I figure.

The lower front contor arms might not be OEM by the looks of them. I'll whack up some pics tomorrow and beg for helpful info on other bits under there.

Thanks again.

#4 ·
Ya post some pics we will gladly help you figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.