Please help looking for advice with an unknown problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Please help looking for advice with an unknown problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Hondaman420

Please help looking for advice with an unknown problem

I have a 2002 jeep GC body has 242500 miles motor has around 100k (4.0) tranny has 80k. I am due for an inspection and can not get anyone to fix this not even the dealer. I am throwing codes for po300 po301 and all the way threw po306 every time I plug it in it has a different misfire code and recently just got a po351. I have new plugs cheep ones coil rail camshaft sensor crank sensor fuel pump fuel filter. Throttle body is clean IAC is clean tested fuel pressure and that's at 52 psi injectors were cleaned also. I do not drive this thing far normally but have been taking 50 mile trips one way lately to hospital to see a family member. Idle is a little rough but nothing crazy and never notice a misfire or hesitation while driving. Also did compression check and was good also. I have had this thing in a shop for the last week no one seems to be able to figure it out. Buddy of mine works at jeep dealer locally he said possible ac compresser but that was checked also perfectly fine. This form is my last hope before I sell her which I really do not want to do I love my jeep have a lot of time and money invested as I'm only the 2 Nd owner any help or advice from anyone would be great, I'm stumped on this thing thanks everyone

Hondaman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
WJ4x4LIFE

We know that P0301-P0306 are all "misfire." We also know that P0300 is a tricky one and we do not like it, so we can put it to the sideline for now. There must be something else bigger with this picture. P0351 is the code we need to see about and figure what might be causing it do so. The following is linked to the OBD 2 code given...

* Short to voltage or ground on COP driver circuit
* Open on COP driver circuit
* Loose connection at coil or broken connector locks
* Bad Coil (COP)
* Bad PCM (not likely) my opinion.

(COP) - "COIL ON PLUG"

Start with all this and if you are mechanically inclined and have a multimeter, figure out what your "DWELL time" specifics are and get back with us...
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Hondaman420

Thank you I will try this tonight and get back back with anything I find. Yes I am mechanically inclined also
Hondaman420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.