Please help , Does anybody know about wiring in a jeep? Please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Please help , Does anybody know about wiring in a jeep? Please help

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 10-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
Grndcherokeewj
2000 WJ 

Wj Please help , Does anybody know about wiring in a jeep? Please help

I need help and cant figure out why my front and rear running lights on my jeep wont turn on when my headlight turn on. No fuses are blown. Please i need help and have gotten no answears, this problem has limited me to only being able to drive my jeep in the day because my tail lights wont come on to drive at night. Very frusterated and need help please and thank you

Grndcherokeewj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
new2site
2002 WJ 

It could be your turn on switch (column)...the contact point for the running lights is tweeked/damaged but the headlight contact is good.
Had mine go out on my Ranger ....looks to be the same manufacturer...look identical.
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Grndcherokeewj
2000 WJ 

Would it still be my switch if it shows the little light symbol on my dash when i turn it to position 1 for the running lights,? When i turn it to position 1 the light bulb symbol on the dash says that that the lights should be on, but they do not come on
Grndcherokeewj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
new2site
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grndcherokeewj View Post
Would it still be my switch if it shows the little light symbol on my dash when i turn it to position 1
One would think so...but there's a possibility that's activated by two other contacts.

To rule out your switch you need to take it out and do a resistance test on terminals 4 & 11...if your switch for (running/parking) lights is good it will test/fall between a range of 901 - 926 ohms when in ON position. Do you have a multi-meter? ...if not call your local auto parts and they probably have one behind the counter they could test your unit for free.

On the bottom steering cover there's a torx bit...take that off and can probably figure out the rest for accessing your multi-function switch (light switch) It's not hard..just get top and bottom steering column plastic covers off...unplug electrical connector to switch..unbolt two torx bits holding switch onto steering column.

Here's the chart below... (to make sure the meters good/accurate you could check your headlight ohms...being you know they're working...as you see by the chart you'll get 345-358 range on them)

If it tests bad: http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-JEEP-G...00c655&vxp=mtr
multi-switch.jpg

unit-connection.jpg

new2site is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.