Plastidip Cladding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Plastidip Cladding

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Gazaway
2001 WJ 

Plastidip Cladding

Seen somewhere the plastidip doesnt bond well with wj cladding, any truth to this?

Painted my grill yesterday and love it, gonna do whats left of my badges and then maybe gas lid as well.

Pics would be sweet, thanks

2001 Silver Stone Metallic Laredo WJ 4.0- 242, D30/D35, BB, Trimmed Bumper, and 265/75/16 Buckshot M/T's, Plastidipped Emblems and Grille, Obsidian Audio 15's in a 7 cubic ft ported box tuned to 30Hz, Audiopipe 15001d, Audiopipe 1002, 1/0 gauge wiring.
Gazaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazaway View Post
Seen somewhere the plastidip doesnt bond well with wj cladding, any truth to this?

Painted my grill yesterday and love it, gonna do whats left of my badges and then maybe gas lid as well.

Its doesnt bond to plastic well. It will peel off the cladding on its own.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
RepomanNC
2001 WJ 

This past weekend I sprayed on Upol Raptor liner on my clading as well as the front and rear bumpers. It sticks good, looks good, and was about $110.00 for the kit which includes a sprayer. Ignore the green tint in the photos, that is from all the pollen in the air, I hate spring.
upol-001.jpg   upol-002.jpg   upol-003.jpg  
RepomanNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Gazaway
2001 WJ 

That looks good!
2001 Silver Stone Metallic Laredo WJ 4.0- 242, D30/D35, BB, Trimmed Bumper, and 265/75/16 Buckshot M/T's, Plastidipped Emblems and Grille, Obsidian Audio 15's in a 7 cubic ft ported box tuned to 30Hz, Audiopipe 15001d, Audiopipe 1002, 1/0 gauge wiring.
Gazaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazaway View Post

Won't stick to Laredo cladding, will stick to Limited cladding because it's painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepomanNC View Post
This past weekend I sprayed on Upol Raptor liner on my clading as well as the front and rear bumpers. It sticks good, looks good, and was about $110.00 for the kit which includes a sprayer. Ignore the green tint in the photos, that is from all the pollen in the air, I hate spring.
That looks great!

“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepomanNC View Post
How durable is this stuff? Looking to paint my cladding but don't want to spend good money if I just have to replace it soon anyways.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.