Pics of different projector headlights installed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Pics of different projector headlights installed

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 08-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
BAZ-MKE
2004 WJ 

Pics of different projector headlights installed

Hey I was looking around for some stock-ish looking replacement headlight with projector lenses. Preferably the black Laredo looking ones. If you have some aftermarket units please post up some pics of them and the name of the style if you can. Thanks in advance.

BAZ-MKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #2
BAZ-MKE
2004 WJ 

Anyone?
Unread 08-14-2014, 01:29 AM   #3
bangdupwj59
2003 WJ 

Ebay has a lot of different ones some with pics. Although none of them look stockish.
bangdupwj59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 02:52 AM   #4
Hierotochan
2001 WJ 

Curious, are you planning to replace the modules inside your stock lights, or are you fitting completely new housings?

I was wondering if this was possible to do, maybe also tinting my rear light housings too... Will have to check what's road legal here first!
Hierotochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
biffs
2000 WJ 

Here's mine: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003066NKC/

Unread 08-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #6
Hierotochan
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffs View Post
Looks great!

I'm liking these: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Cherokee...ype=automotive

Paired with: http://www.amazon.com/Spyder-Auto-AL...ype=automotive

Stealth.

***Edit***

According to XE: 327.56 USD = 196.272 GBP
Front lights use LED (included) & rear use stock bulbs, so with a bit of effort it's not a bad upgrade!
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #7
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

I don't like the tail lights at all (too ricer for me) but the headlights are cool. Can't see where you are in my phone but as you converted to pounds I guess you are in UK! That gives you two problems. Firstly most US Amazon sellers won't post to the UK (even if they quote a price for doing so i've found....strange but true!) so check that and, more importantly, when I was looking at a set of black projector lights for mine I could not find a single set that were suitable for left hands drive.....so therefore won't pass the MOT. That's why I still have factory lights that are going to get the backings sprayed black...one day!
Unread 08-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
Hierotochan
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
I don't like the tail lights at all (too ricer for me) but the headlights are cool. Can't see where you are in my phone but as you converted to pounds I guess you are in UK! That gives you two problems. Firstly most US Amazon sellers won't post to the UK (even if they quote a price for doing so i've found....strange but true!) so check that and, more importantly, when I was looking at a set of black projector lights for mine I could not find a single set that were suitable for left hands drive.....so therefore won't pass the MOT. That's why I still have factory lights that are going to get the backings sprayed black...one day!
Haha! Yeah I was never the racer type, don't know what's gotten into me!

Fair point about the MOT. I'm sure that's why most people hold on to their stock fittings, but that's a bit naughty. I'd rather find a safe AND legal option, which might mean some tints & a spray can in the meantime!

As I understand it the angle of the beam is what you mean right? As I'm not sure the housings themselves are different shapes are they?
I would have thought you could align them internally, or with shims at the worst, but I've never taken them out so have no idea.

Oh & yeah, I'm in UK between Leeds & York. Must be fun round your way off-road!
Unread 08-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #9
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Yeah I did not mean with hid in mine...I've no need for them.
The main thing for the Mot is the shape of the cut off line....on low beam it must kick up to the left to light up the side of the road not to the right to blind oncoming cars. You can't adjust that on a projector. Even if you could they would still fail for not having the E mark proving they are built to Euro safety standards. Two people I know run them....and put the stock ones back on for the test.....too much hassle for me.
Unread 08-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #10
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jeep+wj+projector+headlights

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #11
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Stock + Morimoto mini projector.
image-4094313290.jpg

image-1968090163.jpg

image-131186953.jpg

image-1626940562.jpg

image-162349096.jpg

4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #12
BAZ-MKE
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuglife View Post
Stock + Morimoto mini projector.
I like these a lot. Any more info? Were they hard to put together and do you have pics of them installed?
Unread 08-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #13
Hinkle1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffs

Biffs how did you run the wires from the light bar, I'm liking it because us WJ guys don't have to drill holes in our body's, unless you did to run the wire, but your jeep does look good!
Hinkle1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZ-MKE
I like these a lot. Any more info? Were they hard to put together and do you have pics of them installed?
You can just search HID Retrofit. A few threads here with the details. I just added black paint. Not too hard. Biggest thing is opening up the headlights which can be difficult.
4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #15
BAZ-MKE
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuglife View Post
You can just search HID Retrofit. A few threads here with the details. I just added black paint. Not too hard. Biggest thing is opening up the headlights which can be difficult.
Good work. I'll look into this. I hate the ricey halo projectors and especially hate the led turn signals it seems all aftermarket units have.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.