People with Cassette Adapters? What model are you using? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > People with Cassette Adapters? What model are you using?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
KDR83

People with Cassette Adapters? What model are you using?

Just got a cassette adapter for the Jeep so I have an aux, unfortunately one side when I put it in, it just tries to read it and pops it out, the other side it actually plays it but doesn't know it is playing it so it tries to go to the other side, stops and plays it again, basically interrupting the music every 5 seconds. I bought a well reviewed Philips one but obviously it's not working unless there is some secret?

Thanks

KDR83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR83 View Post
Just got a cassette adapter for the Jeep so I have an aux, unfortunately one side when I put it in, it just tries to read it and pops it out, the other side it actually plays it but doesn't know it is playing it so it tries to go to the other side, stops and plays it again, basically interrupting the music every 5 seconds. I bought a well reviewed Philips one but obviously it's not working unless there is some secret?

Thanks
GE seems to work pretty well. I ran into the same problem. i bought three different tape adapters, and my wife just happened to have a GE. All three other brands were crap and would pop out, like what you're experiencing. the GE stays in most of the time. it will maybe pop out every once in a while, but is pretty reliable.
I'd modify mine if my CD changer didn't work, but it plays just fine and I have three different CD carriers full of CD's to play on it. I was asking around for an RB1 nav radio, so I could have the option of having the CD changer, plus be able to play the music on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
SierraRipper
2000 WJ 

I have a 14$ phillips i got from walmart a while back. Hasnt failed me yet

Can you take a picture of where the cord comes out?
SierraRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraRipper View Post
I have a 14$ phillips i got from walmart a while back. Hasnt failed me yet

Can you take a picture of where the cord comes out?
What he said :-) sometimes switching it the other direction works, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.