PCM providers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > PCM providers

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
99WJ01TJ
1999 WJ 

PCM providers

So my mechanic effed me and swears that nothing is wrong with the pcm he just put in. The unit shuts off when hot and will not throw any codes. It just turns back on after starting the key( sometimes it takes two tries) my crank sensor & cam sensor have been replaced. So the question is which rebuilder do you recommend? I've heard auto computer exchange was bad/good, and same with all computer resource. I need a for sure answer because I don't have time to keep swapping bad units. Thanks David

99WJ01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
StormChaserTim
2000 WJ 

Well, I just put one in mine from All Computer Resources. It's only been about 400 miles, but I haven't had a single hiccup yet. Big improvement over the old one, which only ran till it warmed up and died.

Tim
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
99WJ01TJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormChaserTim View Post
Well, I just put one in mine from All Computer Resources. It's only been about 400 miles, but I haven't had a single hiccup yet. Big improvement over the old one, which only ran till it warmed up and died.

Tim
Thanks Tim I know I tried to help you troubleshoot your random dying problem which now I have since my ecu with the bad driver circuit was replaced. I just found a place called SIA electronics and they actually pull the circuit boards and replace capacitors to factory specs. So I will calk them tomorrow to get a quote. My buddies 94 GC was easy because you could pull the board off and re solder the broken terminals, our wjs are packed in gel that prevents that type of repair. I'll let everyone know what happens
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
StormChaserTim
2000 WJ 

Sounds good. Just one question, though.

Is your alarm beacon working? Mine was dead till I replaced the PCM, so I'm just wondering if that may be one of those subtle indicators?

Tim
Unread 10-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
99WJ01TJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormChaserTim View Post
Sounds good. Just one question, though.

Is your alarm beacon working? Mine was dead till I replaced the PCM, so I'm just wondering if that may be one of those subtle indicators?

Tim
Sorry got sidetracked replacing my timing belt in my Audi. No my alarm beacon is working fine, I won't go into in depth detail but I have replaced the common failing sensors. When the hood is closed while idling the jeep shuts off with no codes and all monitors erased, if I leave the hood open while idling it stays on basically like it should until I turn it off. Again, the original pcm never did this and its a CA car so its been rock crawling in 100+ weather. This used pcm will stay running as long as I'm moving and cool air is flowing through the engine compartment.
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

The one I used was from A-1 Cardone. No issues so far, it's been 4 months.
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
99WJ01TJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndhandWJman View Post
The one I used was from A-1 Cardone. No issues so far, it's been 4 months.
Did you get it via auto zone or similar place? I was debating the cardone unit or possibly the stealer as I know that they actually have the units opened up and refurbished with new capacitors, diodes, resistors, and chips as needed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.