Passenger (right side) windows won't roll up from either switches. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Passenger (right side) windows won't roll up from either switches.

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
PatriotUSMC
2002 WJ 

Passenger (right side) windows won't roll up from either switches.

I searched and couldn't find my exact problem. Last night went to roll my windows back up and the driver's side windows went up no prob, the passenger windows just ignored me though and stayed down. They wouldn't go up with the master switch on the driver's door or from their respective switches either. Went to dinner and got back in the Jeep and the windows still didn't work. 1 minute later I tried them again from the driver's switch and they worked and rolled up just fine. What would cause them to randomly not work and two windows at the same time not working?? Thanks for any help, definitely don't want to get stuck somewhere without being able to roll my windows back up.

PatriotUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
new2site
2002 WJ 

I'm sure it's a damaged wire in the passenger side wire-bundle going into the door (at door hinge area)

It worked later because when the door was opened/closed again the "partial break" temporarily made better contact.

Read "4Tom" post ...second post here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...rking-1555370/
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
PatriotUSMC
2002 WJ 

Great idea, thanks a bunch. I'll read that post!
PatriotUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.