Part # For OEM Grille Guard? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Part # For OEM Grille Guard?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #91
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Mine starts with a C and it says mopar on the sticker.

img_4299edit.jpg

outofrng623 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:23 PM   #92
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Mine say C0013-201
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #93
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Actually..just re checked. RIGHT side is 201. LEFT side is 101 just like yours. Looks like you have the correct part. Total length of mine are 65". Bracket to braket is 45"
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #94
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
Actually..just re checked. RIGHT side is 201. LEFT side is 101 just like yours. Looks like you have the correct part. Total length of mine are 65". Bracket to braket is 45"
Ok...bare with me for a second. How could it be bracket to bracket 45, but mount to mount is 55"? What am I missing here?
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #95
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrng623 View Post
Ok...bare with me for a second. How could it be bracket to bracket 45, but mount to mount is 55"? What am I missing here?
What "mounts" are you talking about? Mine had two bracket bolted to the unibody
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 04-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #96
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

The two brackets that are currently attached to the steps in my picture, correct? Those go into the mounting holes. Either way, in the holes or on the boards first...the "arms" that stick out from under the boards, under the car, that attach to the mounts that attach to the mounting holes that require u-clips...do not reach. If I mount the front "arm" of the board to the front mounting holes, I come up 10" short from reaching the back mounting holes (or bracket if the bracket is put into the holes versus onto the boards first like shown in my picture)...
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #97
adavis39
2002 WJ 

The picture of them sitting on the back of the jeep? If so, yes. The 2 "arms" that come off the steps are 45" apart. The "L" brackets that are bolted to the arms just screw into the uni body. They should mount on any WJ. You may have to drill a whole and add some nut zerts
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 04-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #98
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Quote:
The picture of them sitting on the back of the jeep? If so, yes. The 2 "arms" that come off the steps are 45" apart. The "L" brackets that are bolted to the arms just screw into the uni body. They should mount on any WJ. You may have to drill a whole and add some nut zerts
Read the post above this one. I was editing when you were typing I think. They are suppose to mount to the pre "drilled" holes that require the uclips. There is nowhere else to mount them to. My setup looks just like the pdf that someone (sorry forgot who) linked to earlier.
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #99
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Hrm. It looks like you have most (if not all) of the correct parts.

Instructions:
http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82207860.pdf

ETA: the P/N for the kit should be 82207860, and my 2000 WJ is ~55" mount to mount (no pre-drilled holes for mounting on 99-00-01 WJs) as well. The part number is listed for 02-03-04 WJs.
According to this, they should mount to the body as is. Hole already there, add uclips, bolt on. Not the case for me. I have a 55" span and the "arms" only span 45".
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #100
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Hmmmm. Wish I still had the dub. It could look and try to make sense of it. U def. Have the right boards though
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 04-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #101
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Mine just bolted direct to the unibody. No clips
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 04-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #102
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Hrm. It looks like you have most (if not all) of the correct parts.

Instructions:
http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82207860.pdf

ETA: the P/N for the kit should be 82207860, and my 2000 WJ is ~55" mount to mount (no pre-drilled holes for mounting on 99-00-01 WJs) as well. The part number is listed for 02-03-04 WJs.
So a 2000 WJ is 55" mount to mount on the vehicle, the steps or both? My boards are 45 board mounting bracket to board mounting bracket. By what you said, 02-04 are different than 99-01, correct? So those years didn't have predrilled holes and must have had something else to bolt to? I have predrilled holes, 55" span, slap in uclips, bolt on...
Unread 04-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #103
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Mine just bolted direct to the unibody. No clips
Why is mine so different then? I have the holes/square like the pdf shows, slap in the clips then bolt in...Nowhere else to bolt them in.
Unread 04-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #104
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrng623 View Post
So a 2000 WJ is 55" mount to mount on the vehicle, the steps or both? My boards are 45 board mounting bracket to board mounting bracket. By what you said, 02-04 are different than 99-01, correct? So those years didn't have predrilled holes and must have had something else to bolt to? I have predrilled holes, 55" span, slap in uclips, bolt on...
IF these mount just like the Overland rock rails, it would mean that they attach to the front most and rear most horizontal uniframe supports between the rocker and the main "frame" of the WJ. There are three of those supports: One at the front near the LCA bracket, one about where the front doors are, and one near the rear LCA.

It is 55" (roughly) between the insides of the front and rear uniframe supports on all years. Those supports have square openings for clip nuts on 02-04 WJs. On 99-01 Dubs, no holes are present, and holes must be drilled and nutserts clamped in the supports to mount the rock rails.

Looking straight down on the drivers side (imagine an invisible body), or straight up on the passenger side, with left being towards the front...
Uniframe in blue, rocker edge in green.

Here's how the rock rails mount, with ~55" of distance between mounts:

Is it possible that the side steps mount like this? Edit: Seems like Adavis could let us know...

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #105
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Quote:
IF these mount just like the Overland rock rails, it would mean that they attach to the front most and rear most horizontal uniframe supports between the rocker and the main "frame" of the WJ. There are three of those supports: One at the front near the LCA bracket, one about where the front doors are, and one near the rear LCA.

It is 55" (roughly) between the insides of the front and rear uniframe supports on all years. Those supports have square openings for clip nuts on 02-04 WJs. On 99-01 Dubs, no holes are present, and holes must be drilled and nutserts clamped in the supports to mount the rock rails.

Looking straight down on the drivers side (imagine an invisible body), or straight up on the passenger side, with left being towards the front...
Uniframe in blue, rocker edge in green.

Here's how the rock rails mount, with ~55" of distance between mounts:

Is it possible that the side steps mount like this? Edit: Seems like Adavis could let us know...

That is extremely helpful and informative. My steps looks more like the second pic (more board past "arm" on one end versus other), but I do not recall seeing an additional mounting area under the edge of the front door as pictured. It's raining like mad here...but, I will try to get under there to look. THANK YOU!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.