Part # For OEM Grille Guard? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 01:38 PM
outofrng623
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: yonkers
Posts: 686
Mine starts with a C and it says mopar on the sticker.

Attached Images
 
outofrng623 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:23 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
Mine say C0013-201

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #93 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:27 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
Actually..just re checked. RIGHT side is 201. LEFT side is 101 just like yours. Looks like you have the correct part. Total length of mine are 65". Bracket to braket is 45"

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #94 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:29 PM
outofrng623
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: yonkers
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
Actually..just re checked. RIGHT side is 201. LEFT side is 101 just like yours. Looks like you have the correct part. Total length of mine are 65". Bracket to braket is 45"
Ok...bare with me for a second. How could it be bracket to bracket 45, but mount to mount is 55"? What am I missing here?
outofrng623 is offline  
post #95 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:32 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrng623 View Post
Ok...bare with me for a second. How could it be bracket to bracket 45, but mount to mount is 55"? What am I missing here?
What "mounts" are you talking about? Mine had two bracket bolted to the unibody

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #96 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:33 PM
outofrng623
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: yonkers
Posts: 686
The two brackets that are currently attached to the steps in my picture, correct? Those go into the mounting holes. Either way, in the holes or on the boards first...the "arms" that stick out from under the boards, under the car, that attach to the mounts that attach to the mounting holes that require u-clips...do not reach. If I mount the front "arm" of the board to the front mounting holes, I come up 10" short from reaching the back mounting holes (or bracket if the bracket is put into the holes versus onto the boards first like shown in my picture)...
outofrng623 is offline  
post #97 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:40 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
The picture of them sitting on the back of the jeep? If so, yes. The 2 "arms" that come off the steps are 45" apart. The "L" brackets that are bolted to the arms just screw into the uni body. They should mount on any WJ. You may have to drill a whole and add some nut zerts

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #98 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:43 PM
outofrng623
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: yonkers
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
The picture of them sitting on the back of the jeep? If so, yes. The 2 "arms" that come off the steps are 45" apart. The "L" brackets that are bolted to the arms just screw into the uni body. They should mount on any WJ. You may have to drill a whole and add some nut zerts
Read the post above this one. I was editing when you were typing I think. They are suppose to mount to the pre "drilled" holes that require the uclips. There is nowhere else to mount them to. My setup looks just like the pdf that someone (sorry forgot who) linked to earlier.
outofrng623 is offline  
post #99 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:45 PM
outofrng623
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: yonkers
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Hrm. It looks like you have most (if not all) of the correct parts.


Instructions:
http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82207860.pdf

ETA: the P/N for the kit should be 82207860, and my 2000 WJ is ~55" mount to mount (no pre-drilled holes for mounting on 99-00-01 WJs) as well. The part number is listed for 02-03-04 WJs.
According to this, they should mount to the body as is. Hole already there, add uclips, bolt on. Not the case for me. I have a 55" span and the "arms" only span 45".
outofrng623 is offline  
post #100 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:58 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
Hmmmm. Wish I still had the dub. It could look and try to make sense of it. U def. Have the right boards though

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #101 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 05:59 PM
adavis39
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,808
Mine just bolted direct to the unibody. No clips

2002 WJ Limited 4.7: 6" Clayton REALLY long arms....yep, they are longer than yours SOLD : (
1998 Platinum 5.9 DD
2007 WK Overland 5.7 wifes DD
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-crap-1399123/

"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"
adavis39 is offline  
post #102 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 06:47 PM
outofrng623
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: yonkers
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Hrm. It looks like you have most (if not all) of the correct parts.


Instructions:
http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82207860.pdf

ETA: the P/N for the kit should be 82207860, and my 2000 WJ is ~55" mount to mount (no pre-drilled holes for mounting on 99-00-01 WJs) as well. The part number is listed for 02-03-04 WJs.
So a 2000 WJ is 55" mount to mount on the vehicle, the steps or both? My boards are 45 board mounting bracket to board mounting bracket. By what you said, 02-04 are different than 99-01, correct? So those years didn't have predrilled holes and must have had something else to bolt to? I have predrilled holes, 55" span, slap in uclips, bolt on...
outofrng623 is offline  
post #103 of 135 Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 PM
outofrng623
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: yonkers
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
Mine just bolted direct to the unibody. No clips
Why is mine so different then? I have the holes/square like the pdf shows, slap in the clips then bolt in...Nowhere else to bolt them in.
outofrng623 is offline  
post #104 of 135 Old 04-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear
 
Fawkes's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sullivan
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrng623 View Post
So a 2000 WJ is 55" mount to mount on the vehicle, the steps or both? My boards are 45 board mounting bracket to board mounting bracket. By what you said, 02-04 are different than 99-01, correct? So those years didn't have predrilled holes and must have had something else to bolt to? I have predrilled holes, 55" span, slap in uclips, bolt on...
IF these mount just like the Overland rock rails, it would mean that they attach to the front most and rear most horizontal uniframe supports between the rocker and the main "frame" of the WJ. There are three of those supports: One at the front near the LCA bracket, one about where the front doors are, and one near the rear LCA.

It is 55" (roughly) between the insides of the front and rear uniframe supports on all years. Those supports have square openings for clip nuts on 02-04 WJs. On 99-01 Dubs, no holes are present, and holes must be drilled and nutserts clamped in the supports to mount the rock rails.

Looking straight down on the drivers side (imagine an invisible body), or straight up on the passenger side, with left being towards the front...
Uniframe in blue, rocker edge in green.

Here's how the rock rails mount, with ~55" of distance between mounts:



Is it possible that the side steps mount like this? Edit: Seems like Adavis could let us know...

Fawkes is offline  
post #105 of 135 Old 04-30-2014, 05:58 AM
outofrng623
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: yonkers
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
IF these mount just like the Overland rock rails, it would mean that they attach to the front most and rear most horizontal uniframe supports between the rocker and the main "frame" of the WJ. There are three of those supports: One at the front near the LCA bracket, one about where the front doors are, and one near the rear LCA.

It is 55" (roughly) between the insides of the front and rear uniframe supports on all years. Those supports have square openings for clip nuts on 02-04 WJs. On 99-01 Dubs, no holes are present, and holes must be drilled and nutserts clamped in the supports to mount the rock rails.

Looking straight down on the drivers side (imagine an invisible body), or straight up on the passenger side, with left being towards the front...
Uniframe in blue, rocker edge in green.

Here's how the rock rails mount, with ~55" of distance between mounts:



Is it possible that the side steps mount like this? Edit: Seems like Adavis could let us know...

That is extremely helpful and informative. My steps looks more like the second pic (more board past "arm" on one end versus other), but I do not recall seeing an additional mounting area under the edge of the front door as pictured. It's raining like mad here...but, I will try to get under there to look. THANK YOU!
outofrng623 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Cheap GRILLe GUARD?? trailblazr81 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 12-19-2008 08:11 AM
Installed my new grille guard! (PICS) NickkciN ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 17 06-28-2008 04:19 PM
anyone out there with a Grille Guard? ItalianJeeper77 WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 4 06-24-2008 02:48 AM
Grille Guard/Light Bar WJ devile ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 11-27-2006 10:21 PM
tires and grille guard maddogg101 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 7 01-20-2006 10:45 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome