Part # For OEM Grille Guard? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Part # For OEM Grille Guard?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #76
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrng623 View Post
I just picked up running boards today. So that's been crossed off my list. Let me know if you have anything interesting. Any guards lights upgrades etc.
Are they OEM running boards? I have running boards, but I don't know what the brand is. The original owner said they came with the car when it was new. I have looked at OEM running boards, but mine are not exactly the same.
I will be removing mine to put rock rails back on.

Sent from my iPad using electrons

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:53 PM   #77
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

In the shop manual I have they say rock rails. To me, they're running boards. Haven't out them on yet. Do you have a pic of yours to compare?
outofrng623 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #78
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
In the shop manual I have they say rock rails. To me, they're running boards. Haven't out them on yet. Do you have a pic of yours to compare?
Yeah, here's a picture of the rock rails without the end caps on them. I wire brushed them, put rust inhibitor on, primered, painted, and clear-coated. You can see the running boards on my Jeep.

image-1679004999.jpg

Unread 04-19-2014, 04:41 AM   #79
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

I picked up running boards like the ones on your jeep...
Unread 04-29-2014, 05:09 AM   #80
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Upon further inspection...They are OEM running boards, tagged with Mopar stickers...but, they do not fit my jeep lol Cant win.
Unread 04-29-2014, 06:51 AM   #81
damon36
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok, I was asked about a bull bar, I did have one, but it is the cheaper 90 dollar one off ebay that is bent after hitting a rock pretty hard, it beat not messing up the bumper on that one. So, no I do not have any other bull bars. As far as those running boards above, why are you saying they don't fit? What is the part number on them?
damon36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #82
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

The below is from a previous post I put up but in addition, the steps I got are 44.75" and my jeep, mount to mount is 55".
Need help again. I cannot win. Did the lift and shocks today, went to put on the running boards and they are short. I was told they came off of a 99JGC...I did a quick search last week and it looked like the 99 was the same fit as the 04...Well, its not. Or it didn't come off of a 99 JGC as I was told. I tried searching the part number for what I do have and cannot come up with anything to I.D. them. The PNs are c-0013-101 left side and c-0013-201 right side. Mfg date 8/26/98 I have been searching the net for over an hour now...Ugh Thanks
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #83
damon36
2012 JK Wrangler 

If they came off of a 1999 then they are going to fit up to 2004......but maybe they are for the cherokee and not grand cherokee, some folks mix them up...
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #84
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

Who knows. I tried to research it but to no avail. Either way, they don't fit. I listed them on craigslist but unfortunately I'm not sure what they should be listed as. Lol
Unread 04-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #85
damon36
2012 JK Wrangler 

reasearch the size for the cherokee and list them that way.....you said they have mopar decals correct...?
Unread 04-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #86
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Hrm. It looks like you have most (if not all) of the correct parts.

Instructions:
http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82207860.pdf

ETA: the P/N for the kit should be 82207860, and my 2000 WJ is ~55" mount to mount (no pre-drilled holes for mounting on 99-00-01 WJs) as well. The part number is listed for 02-03-04 WJs.

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #87
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

And how long are your steps? Are there brackets that go out from the mounts and come in about 5" on each side. I'll check the links later but my steps don't make it door end to door end like I've seen in pics.
Unread 04-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #88
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
The below is from a previous post I put up but in addition, the steps I got are 44.75" and my jeep, mount to mount is 55".
Need help again. I cannot win. Did the lift and shocks today, went to put on the running boards and they are short. I was told they came off of a 99JGC...I did a quick search last week and it looked like the 99 was the same fit as the 04...Well, its not. Or it didn't come off of a 99 JGC as I was told. I tried searching the part number for what I do have and cannot come up with anything to I.D. them. The PNs are c-0013-101 left side and c-0013-201 right side. Mfg date 8/26/98 I have been searching the net for over an hour now...Ugh Thanks
i can check my old ones that ive had in my garage for a few years when I get home. Came off an '02. FYI. there is a piece of cladding that is intended to go on with them. it flairs down at each end near the wheel well. thats probably y yours are "short". They are most likelt correct but APPEAR short without the cladding
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #89
outofrng623
2004 WJ 

For starters, I do appreciate all of the help...
I just took a look at the link that was provided.
When we had the Jeep on the lift and we put the boards up...the brackets do not reach the mounting holes.
Measuring from the front mounting area to the back measures 55". Measuring my boards, bracket to bracket, 45". So...something is awry. Right now, I think the biggest thing for me is to find out what these steps will fit so I can list them more accurately.

Thanks again
Unread 04-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #90
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Hrm. It looks like you have most (if not all) of the correct parts. Instructions: http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82207860.pdf ETA: the P/N for the kit should be 82207860, and my 2000 WJ is ~55" mount to mount (no pre-drilled holes for mounting on 99-00-01 WJs) as well. The part number is listed for 02-03-04 WJs.
FWIW, mine look exactly like that, underneath, but do not have any Mopar sticker on them. They have the little white sticker on them, with a part number. It's been storming for the past two days, so I don't know what the p/n is, but it's not a Mopar number. More like the "c" part number.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.