painted front grill - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > painted front grill

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
booked101
1997 ZJ 

painted front grill

What do you guys think of the paint job? This isn't my wj but its for a buddy of mine.

forumrunner_20120430_210437.jpg   forumrunner_20120430_210503.jpg  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
04dubjay

The paint looks like it came out well but the choice of color not so much. Just my .02
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
booked101
1997 ZJ 

The tan color looks good cause it matches the Jeep but the red looks a bit weird.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
offroad_monster

Did you paint the front bumper too or is that stock?
offroad_monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
HVACNY
2000 WJ 

The work is clean,came out good.But the color choice is hard on the eyes.Was it cut from the rest of the bumper or is it still one piece?
HVACNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
booked101
1997 ZJ 

front bumper was trimmed. All cladding painted black. And the lettering was supposed to look red but came out aorta pink. this was earlier today when the grill was black with the tan slats and the lettering was still original.
forumrunner_20120430_220221.jpg  
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
offroad_monster

image-2991930341.jpg

I also painted side panels, bumpers, and grill black. Painting the plastic behind the grill is a good idea. Might try it out.
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I'm colorblind, so I can't comment on the choice of color, but I like the execution. Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_monster View Post
I also painted side panels, bumpers, and grill black. Painting the plastic behind the grill is a good idea. Might try it out.
I painted my grill black and painted the plastic behind the grill to match my body. I also blacked out the letters. I like it. Black cladding is in the to-do list.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
offroad_monster

How did you paint the lettering? Did you just tape it off perfectly or can you take the lettering off? And those smoked headlights look good. Thats up there on my list too.
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_monster View Post
How did you paint the lettering? Did you just tape it off perfectly or can you take the lettering off? And those smoked headlights look good. Thats up there on my list too.
The lettering will come off, but you won't get it back on.

I taped off a rectangle around the badges, then used Plastidip to paint them. Once it dried, I outlined the edge of the badges with a toothpick and peeled off the excess. All of the lettering took +/- 2 hours, including dry time. Pretty straight forward and I'm happy with the way it looks.

More pictures of the lettering... Because I think she's pretty.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
offroad_monster

I heard that plastidip works good on wheels too but the lettering looks good. Ill probably do that. Thanks for the help!
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
offroad_monster

And one last thing, did the wheels come with that red pin stripe or did you paint that on there.
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #13
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

[EDIT]

I used Plastidip on my wheels, too... I did the red stripe after I painted them with Plastidip.

No stripe...

Stripe...
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #14
offroad_monster

Looks sick.
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
offroad_monster

image-1249696643.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.