P1196 Help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > P1196 Help?

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
BorderWalker
2004 WJ 

P1196 Help?

04 I6 GC recently came up with a malfunction light and went and got the code diagnosis. Came up P1196 which I know is an 02 Sensor. From a bit of research I know the part is around $60, but I was hoping you guys might know more and could help.

How easy is it to acquire and purchase said part? is it around $60 like I thought?
How long can I go without replacing it? I'd be in a better position to do it in about a week or two while I'm on Spring Break, but if I can't do it then, I won't be able to do it till mid-may.
How easy is it to replace and fix? My mechanic already cleared the light and told me "If it comes back up call me" but since It came up in the first place I figured might as well fix it myself if possible to save some money.

BorderWalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.