P0202 code, hard start, shaking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > P0202 code, hard start, shaking

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
frontlinetraine
2004 WJ 

P0202 code, hard start, shaking

THE JEEP BREAKDOWN...

04' Grand Cherokee 4.0 Liter - 122k miles (have owned since 06' w/32k)

First Issue: Hard Start, fuel gauge quit working, I knew we got bad gas sooo....
--New Fuel Pump (fixed gauge, still hard start)

**Did fuel pressure readings...reading fluctuated...erratic***
--New Fuel Filter/Pressure Regulator (redid pressure test, reading steady and within range but still dropping)

--New Injectors (found 2 to be leaking back into cylinders)

Still Hard Starting but since new injectors NOW am getting P0202 Cyl 2 Injector Circuit Malfunction... (ASD relay and all other relays/fuses checked and good)

**Did Continuity test from PCM to injector** Wiring all Good

**Check for power at Injector** Getting Power

**Tested Cam sensor** Cam Good

**Pulled OPD for visual** OPD Good

**Did vacuum gauge reading looking for any leaks** Vacuum within range

**Disconnected exhaust, redid vacuum readings to test for exhaust blockage/clogged CAT** Same Results-Exhaust/Cat good

**Crank sensor in tight spot so hard to test, parts changed it**
--New CPS, no change

**Put in a new PCM, no change.**
**New TPS, no change**

Hooked up NOID Lite, the injector circuit is in fact fine, NOID Lite stays lit...but code still comes on so something is telling the computer the circuit is bad when in fact it is not.

Still Hard Start, may run smooth for few minutes but once in gear jerks a bit and P0202 comes back on.

Anybody got any ideas???

frontlinetraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
frontlinetraine
2004 WJ 

NOID LITE Readings...

apparently i don't know how to interpret NOID Lite readings...thought all was good cause light lit up, then i plugged into other injectors to compare...
Noid Lite flashes dim on all cylinders except the one with the Circuit Malfunction Code...that one the Noid Lite is BRIGHT and CONSTANT...remember PCM was already swapped with no change...so what does this possibly mean?
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Have you checked the harnesses for frayed or melted wiring?
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
frontlinetraine
2004 WJ 

i've been working on this thing for weeks around my long work schedule...finally joined the forum and got it fixed right after i posted my question.

I found elsewhere on the net what a solid NOID lite meant (circuit grounded)...started tracing harness then said screw it, got out the electrical schematics and ran new wire from the CYL2 Driver at PCM to the injector...ALL GOOD NOW!!!

I had done an initial continuity test and it showed wiring was good but i didn't even think about it at the time that continuity won't always tell you if a wire is grounded.

Thanks for the reply though!!
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Glad you got her fixed.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.