Overland Rock Sliders worth a damn? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Overland Rock Sliders worth a damn?

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-26-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Overland Rock Sliders worth a damn?

Hey all, I'm pretty new here and so is my 2004 WJ Overland(at least to me). I'm on a tight budget and the list of toys I want is long(BB, 31" tires, intake, exhaust, and the like). I was just wondering if the stock Overland rock sliders are worth a damn? It would help my budget out if I didn't have to worry about buying aftermarket sliders, at least for a while. I don't plan on doing any intense rock crawling as this is my daily driver but I'd like to know if they'll be able to save my body at all if it ever should come to that. Other than the plastic end caps they seem pretty stout, steel and quite solid from my initial inspection of them. Anyone have any experience with these actually taking any hits or have an opinion on the matter? I know there are plenty of those around. I apologize in advance if this is a repeat thread, I'm just getting the hang of the forum. What a wealth of knowledge BTW, invaluable! I'll throw a pic up later today, just cuz I'm a sucker for visuals! Thanks

tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

i haven't heard any complaints but i don't believe they are as hard core as aftermarket offroad equipment. they should last for you.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
NorCOWJ
2004 WJ 

i saw a stock overland at the local jeep dealership a few years ago and i remember seeing the stock rails completely bent up. like a cresent, i dont know what the situation was at all but it didnt look like they could handle to much.
NorCOWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
straty1987

from what i have read and heard from people that i have talked to about them is they are ok if you nto going off roading crazy and just need something to fall on in case you slip or missing something should be ok.

if your not going on rocks and just going to drive in the woods and in water should be good for them.

can post them for sale but i see a few now and then and they dont sell fast

just i would check to see if their any rust under then or behind that would make them weaker
straty1987 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
tuglife
2004 WJ 

I'm not planning on any extreme rock crawling like I said. I figure they wouldnt take a thrashing or anything. Being hollow and if I'm right, mounted only on either end, they could only put up with so much. I guess I kinda answered my own question, it all depends on what I throw at them. Just wondered if anyone had any personal experience of these being sturdy looking tinfoil or the only solid piece on the rig.
Unread 05-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
rex137

jeep grand cherokee overland 2003

Hello:

I would like to get the stock rocksliders that come in the grand cherokee overland 2003-04. If anyone knows any information about it please contact me thanks....
rex137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #7
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex137
Hello:

I would like to get the stock rocksliders that come in the grand cherokee overland 2003-04. If anyone knows any information about it please contact me thanks....
Wjjeeps.com, if you want information about them. If you wanna buy them, go to a junkyard.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit

Tags
2004 , overland , rockers , sliders , stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.