JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/)
-   -   Overland or limited (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/overland-limited-1565589/)

Bandit84 08-22-2013 07:36 AM

Overland or limited

Hey there, I recently sold my truck and I'm going to be selling my 96' ZJ and I've been looking into maybe picking up a WJ. I did read the sticky on what to look for and I have my mind set on either a limited or overland. I just wanted to hear some opinions on people who own these.

cubalz 08-22-2013 08:08 AM

Overland if you can find one in your price range. It already comes with the Upcountry Springs and the 4.7L H.O. motor. Don't get me wrong, I love my Limited Edition but would have scooped up an Overland if I would have had the opportunity.

dcorn 08-22-2013 08:17 AM

I preferred an Overland, but I would have taken a Limited with an HO engine.

DavisI 08-22-2013 08:59 AM

I don't think that they always came with upcountry springs, but the HO motor is a plus. If limited slip differentials are important to you, the overland would be the way to go. You'll have a hard time, at least from my experience, finding a limited with limited slips or the HO motor.

alfaitalia 08-22-2013 09:03 AM

I wanted Overland spec when I bought my CRD.......there were just none about. Of course ever since I bought my Limited I see the f**kers for sale everywhere!
Not so many differences between Overland and Limited over here on a CRD. They all get UC suspension and theres no HO diesel (pity!). Just rails and badges, two tone leather etc.

Bandit84 08-22-2013 09:50 AM

Is the 4.7HO worth looking for? Quadradrive sounds like it be a nice option to have. Is that system pretty reliable?

JayhawkADV 08-22-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavisI (Post 15823517)
I don't think that they always came with upcountry springs, but the HO motor is a plus. If limited slip differentials are important to you, the overland would be the way to go. You'll have a hard time, at least from my experience, finding a limited with limited slips or the HO motor.

I recently bought my 04 WJ Limited. It has quadradrive (limited slips if you will) and the H.O. motor. Quite a few Limited's in my area (Kansas City) spec'ed close to the Overlands. I don't have the upcountry springs but pretty sure otherwise it's the same (or darn close) to an Overland..

texlurch 08-22-2013 10:32 AM

Really depends on what your ultimate goals and plans are.

If you want lockers, no reason to get the quadradrive
Do you want actual 4WD in high? Get select trac

Quadradrive is a very good system if it's maintained properly.

JayhawkADV 08-22-2013 10:50 AM

If you want a V8 good luck finding one with Select Trac! I looked forever for one before buying mine. I figure I can always swap to the NV242HD transfer case to get all the options later if I run across one for a good deal.

DavisI 08-22-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayhawkADV (Post 15823822)

I recently bought my 04 WJ Limited. It has quadradrive (limited slips if you will) and the H.O. motor. Quite a few Limited's in my area (Kansas City) spec'ed close to the Overlands. I don't have the upcountry springs but pretty sure otherwise it's the same (or darn close) to an Overland..

I'm not saying that they don't exist, just that's its a relatively rare combo on a limited depending on where you live I suppose

Jebby 08-22-2013 02:51 PM

easiest way to tell if it has upcountry springs?

evilcairn 08-22-2013 03:20 PM

Except the Quadradrive and the Motor , it's really the same thing .. i prefere the limited version ( with LSD @ rear) because he don't have many special parts of quadradrive..better and cheaper conversion to locker/offroad , HO less tough the LO version also. But the Quadradrive are magic in many ways ..depend on what you want ...

coopdc78 08-22-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilcairn (Post 15824921)
Except the Quadradrive and the Motor , it's really tstronger.thing .. i prefere the limited version ( with LSD @ rear) because he don't have many special parts of quadradrive..better and cheaper conversion to locker/offroad , HO less tough the LO version also. But the Quadradrive are magic in many ways ..depend on what you want ...

HO less tough? Where did you hear that? The HO has forged internals which is stronger.

04KJlimited 08-22-2013 04:33 PM

get a selectrac v8 Laredo with leather, add the limited cladding, never have to deal with the automatic climate control(less)

JustStew 08-22-2013 05:23 PM

Love my Overland. Perfect mix of capability and comfort

The time now is 01:10 PM.