Opinions wanted for this lift kit!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Opinions wanted for this lift kit!!!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Migillicuty
2000 WJ 

Opinions wanted for this lift kit!!!

Check out this lift kit available on ebay. Is this thing crap or good? It comes with long arms and for the price seems decent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rough-Countr...00939716005%26

Migillicuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
turrillas
2004 WJ 

Lift Kit

I don't have this kit, but a friend of mine has a 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 4" lift kit, he instaled this kit:
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_wj_4x.html

They pretty much have everything and cheap, He has not issues except for dead wobble, but than again who doesn't have it when lifting their WJ?

Wait for the experts they will tell you if it's crap or not, I can only tell you that my friend is pretty happy.
turrillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
029s
2004 WJ 

I have this lift on my WJ. It has been great. I do have a few rattles I am still working out but I am very happy with it. I ordered mine from Bobby at Classic City Offroad (CCOR) great service and a better price. Look him up.
029s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

Is it the best quality kit on the market? No, but for the price it really cant be beat. i had the 4" xflex short arm kit on mine for awhile and it was fine for awhile. then joints started to wear out. i replaced the trackbar with a jks immediately. i liked the coils and the shocks arent that bad either. I have since replaced everything except the rear coils after 2.5 years. Keep the joints greased and get a jks trackbar and you'll be ok.
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

34 pages of info:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...m-kit-1384588/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 029s
I have this lift on my WJ. It has been great. I do have a few rattles I am still working out but I am very happy with it. I ordered mine from Bobby at Classic City Offroad (CCOR) great service and a better price. Look him up.
I bought the short arm x-series kit from the same place and agree that I am mostly happy with mine too. I had a bad Heim on the TB and needed to have my steering stabilizer replaced (it started leaking after 2 months of use) but RC treated me great and shipped all parts promptly. All companies have issues with parts from time to time and I thought nothing of it because they took such good care of me.

So far, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The kit was very complete and overall seems like it was good quality.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
fast540
1999 WJ 

I also run the x series sa kit and have beat it to death for the last year or so still works great no odd manners on the road and great off road
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.