opinions on MOOG replacement coil springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > opinions on MOOG replacement coil springs

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

opinions on MOOG replacement coil springs

Now that my '03 laredo has the Q-drive axles under it ( front and rear) I'm ready to deal with the worn saggy springs. According to the MOOG catalog, P/N 80976 is the front replacement for an Overland model and P/N 80873 is for the rear. This 1" 'lift' will be plenty for me, I'd just like to know if anyone else has used these springs on a WJ.

Also, I'd like to know if any manufacturer makes a weld it kit to deal with the rusted out lower spring mounts ( the ones on the front axle) mine look a bit on the ' there isn't a whole lot left to locate the spring' side of things.

2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndhandWJman View Post
Now that my '03 laredo has the Q-drive axles under it ( front and rear) I'm ready to deal with the worn saggy springs. According to the MOOG catalog, P/N 80976 is the front replacement for an Overland model and P/N 80873 is for the rear. This 1" 'lift' will be plenty for me, I'd just like to know if anyone else has used these springs on a WJ.

Also, I'd like to know if any manufacturer makes a weld it kit to deal with the rusted out lower spring mounts ( the ones on the front axle) mine look a bit on the ' there isn't a whole lot left to locate the spring' side of things.
The 1 inch lift you are talking about was available from the factory called "up country" suspension package. Came with skid plates too.

I havent had any experience with the moog springs but I know that every thing moog is top notch, so I wouldnt see a problem with it.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
barmatt80
2001 WJ 

I used those moog spring part numbers on my '01 limited, and very satisfied. Jeg's told me those part numbers were for the v8 and the 80871 and 80974 were for the v6. Though on my limited in the front at full droop still needed an inch or so to get the springs in, so used a rented compressor. The rear also the emergency brake cables seemed a bit stretched. Using the springs you mentioned with new moog isolators gave me +2 inches from factory sagging parts.

As for weld on, iron rock off road has them... Another member here had them so i emailed them. Here is the response

We do have these replacement perches available, right now they are not available on our website but will be made available soon. For now you would have to call us to place an order for them, they are $25.

Thank You,

Zack Lieberman

Iron Rock Off Road

www.ironrockoffroad.com

952-210-7185
barmatt80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
multmigs
2003 WJ 

i used the UC Moog springs in a XJ jeep years ago and they were good, did provide a small boost in height and were a good price compared to OEM springs or lifted versions. Do it and then post some before and after please.
multmigs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmatt80 View Post
I used those moog spring part numbers on my '01 limited, and very satisfied. Jeg's told me those part numbers were for the v8 and the 80871 and 80974 were for the v6. Though on my limited in the front at full droop still needed an inch or so to get the springs in, so used a rented compressor. The rear also the emergency brake cables seemed a bit stretched. Using the springs you mentioned with new moog isolators gave me +2 inches from factory sagging parts.

As for weld on, iron rock off road has them... Another member here had them so i emailed them. Here is the response

We do have these replacement perches available, right now they are not available on our website but will be made available soon. For now you would have to call us to place an order for them, they are $25.

Thank You,

Zack Lieberman

Iron Rock Off Road

www.ironrockoffroad.com

952-210-7185

Thanks! I know those P/N's are for the Overland model, which only came w/ the V8 but it will give me the ' Up Country' length of spring that I'm after. I'll give Iron Rock a call about the perches, at that price it's worth it just to save time fabricating some.
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.