Opinions on going from 30.5" to 32" tires on IRO 3" lift - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Opinions on going from 30.5" to 32" tires on IRO 3" lift

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 05-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
bmandubj10
2003 WJ 

Thank you guys for this thread, I was having the same issues with the rear chewing up my tires on the trail. I have the IRO 3 inch coil lift with General Grabbers 265/70R17 (32s) and saw the bump stomp extenders and was researching them. The guys that have them are you running the 3 inch extenders I was going to go with them so my wheels do not rub on the trail anymore? I also already have all new four lower isolators and some OME 10mm spacers from Kolak waiting to be installed as well for my setup.

Here is a link to the pictures of my setup my jeep is the white one with all the pictures on this page. I cannot upload my pictures they are too big I guess the changed some settings on the site:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...95/index4.html

- 2003 WJ Limited 4.7L 4x4, 3 inch IRO coil lift with Bilstein shocks, OME .5 inch spacers, adjustable IRO Track Bar. Beefy Tenneco Steering Stabilizer. 32 inch General Grabber AT2's, 5000k DDM Tuning HID lights. Magna Flow Cat-back exhaust system. Rola safari rack. IRO bump stops. Kevin's Offroad 2 1/4 A-Arm spacer.
bmandubj10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #32
bmandubj10
2003 WJ 

just ordered the 3 inch bump stop extenders from IRO cannot wait to get them!!!!
- 2003 WJ Limited 4.7L 4x4, 3 inch IRO coil lift with Bilstein shocks, OME .5 inch spacers, adjustable IRO Track Bar. Beefy Tenneco Steering Stabilizer. 32 inch General Grabber AT2's, 5000k DDM Tuning HID lights. Magna Flow Cat-back exhaust system. Rola safari rack. IRO bump stops. Kevin's Offroad 2 1/4 A-Arm spacer.
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
fast540
1999 WJ 

With all these bumpstop extensions won't u limit flex to less than stock ?
fast540 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #34
bmandubj10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540 View Post
With all these bumpstop extensions won't u limit flex to less than stock ?
Correct but I only do light wheeling and some rock but nothing big. I just want to prevent my tires from getting chewed up in my fenders especially in the rear.
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
fast540
1999 WJ 

Gotcha. I rub lightly off road on 32" tires and 4.75" lift with the fr bumper cut way up and a protofab r bumper but we go pretty hard disco'd that's y I asked
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #36
bmandubj10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540 View Post
Gotcha. I rub lightly off road on 32" tires and 4.75" lift with the fr bumper cut way up and a protofab r bumper but we go pretty hard disco'd that's y I asked
Yea man I have yet to run disconnected I was afraid too.
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #37
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Good grief. I'm on an IRO 3" lift and am headed out wheeling this weekend and haven't trimmed or bump stopped anything. On 32" tires as well.

Sounds like I will see what all I need to modify pretty quickly.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #38
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post
Good grief. I'm on an IRO 3" lift and am headed out wheeling this weekend and haven't trimmed or bump stopped anything. On 32" tires as well.

Sounds like I will see what all I need to modify pretty quickly.
Take off your front bumper and youll be fine. Light rubbing in rear but that's fixable. Just went wheeling last weekend and forgot to take mine off........ I'm now in need of a new bumper. Oh well upgrade time. 3" bumpstops that's crazy! I measured at close to 4" of lift and only got 2" bumpstops.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #39
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Front bumper will be coming off then. Thanks for your advice Muddy.
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #40
Dan_d
2004 WJ 

I see everyone has 16" rims, I just installed the 3" IRO Lift too but I have the 17" factory rogues and was wondering what size tire I should get for them. Right now I just have 235/70/17.
Dan_d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #41
WeThePeople408
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_d View Post
i see everyone has 16" rims, i just installed the 3" iro lift too but i have the 17" factory rogues and was wondering what size tire i should get for them. Right now i just have 235/70/17.
265 70 17
WeThePeople408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #42
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyWJ View Post
Take off your front bumper and youll be fine. Light rubbing in rear but that's fixable. Just went wheeling last weekend and forgot to take mine off........ I'm now in need of a new bumper. Oh well upgrade time. 3" bumpstops that's crazy! I measured at close to 4" of lift and only got 2" bumpstops.
Are you sure your bumpstops even work at only 2" extension? How much are your tires???
ADragg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #43
fast540
1999 WJ 

My stock bumpstops work at 4.75" lift and I get no real rub on 32" tires
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #44
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540
My stock bumpstops work at 4.75" lift and I get no real rub on 32" tires
Are you running with disconnected front sway bars?
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #45
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Wanted to add my experiences here if I may.

Went wheeling for the first time this weekend since my 3" IRO lift. Rubbed pretty badly in the rear but not horrible (not bad enough to break something) and had a front spring come unseated on the trail...not cool but caught in time it wasn't a huge deal. Backed down slowly and had a buddy pop it back into place before backing all the way down the obstacle.

With front bumper removed(painless and WELL WORTH IT to save your front bumper + additional approach angle) I did not rub anything in the front at all. My plastic fender liners are completely removed front and rear and my windshield washer fluid reservoir has been removed as well. Getting this out was more of a PITA than anything else really.

If you are gonna wheel like you've got a pair while disco'ed then I recommend installing spring retainers be added to your build sheet as well. I didn't plan to go disco'd that day but when I lost an endlink bolt I really had no choice but to disco both sides.

As a result of this past weekend of learning experiences I now decided I need...JKS QD's, rear bumpstop extensions(1.5" maybe? Running 265/70/17 tire), and front upper and lower spring retainers.

In this pic the spring is unseated though tough to see, I was further up the rock face when it popped out. Pic was taken after I had backed down some.

You can hear the rear rubbing in this video but the quality is horrible. I will run this again and shoot it with a real camera. And oh yeah, be prepared to crane your head 90 degrees to watch it haha.

http://s143.photobucket.com/user/ras...4a8e7.mp4.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.