Opinions on going from 30.5" to 32" tires on IRO 3" lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Opinions on going from 30.5" to 32" tires on IRO 3" lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #16
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg413i View Post
Here's a pic of the tires mounted on my original rims. I'm getting closer. The tires look much larger now that they are mounted and I've got some trimming in my future. I also bought 1.5" spacers (jeepforum member) and zj washer bottle. More to come.
Those do not look like they will fit in the wheel well. Do you have any installed pics?

Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

I tried on the tires and they must have looked big in the previous picture, because I wasn't too impressed with the size installed. They fit just fine. I got it up to about 60 with no dw so that's good, but the tires were pretty darn loud. It looks like I won't need to trim much, even at full flex, because I am bumpstopped and the tires only have about 30% tread left and measure about 31" not 32". I trimmed just a bit of the inner fender liner, but haven't needed to touch the bumper yet. I can see a bigger need for trimming at 32" and without bumpstop extensions. I also have a zj washer bottle ready to do the relocate just as a precaution. I'll take pictures- hopefully a week or so.
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
kyles02wj

okay im very new to the WJ world I have a 02 Laredo 4x2 i need options on put a heavier supension and possibly a lift on i use this truck in the oilfield im a lease oilfield pumper so any option would be awesome truck has 235000 as of this morin still runs like a dream really want to make it a unstoppable rig and look good to boot
kyles02wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #19
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles02wj View Post
okay im very new to the WJ world I have a 02 Laredo 4x2 i need options on put a heavier supension and possibly a lift on i use this truck in the oilfield im a lease oilfield pumper so any option would be awesome truck has 235000 as of this morin still runs like a dream really want to make it a unstoppable rig and look good to boot
Your best bet would be to look at converting it to 4x4. A cheap junk yard could put you there. I too am an oilfield pumper and the best thing to get me through the locations is 4 wheel drive.
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #20
2003wranglerRHD

pic with tires on ????
2003wranglerRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #21
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003wranglerRHD View Post
pic with tires on ????
Here's installed and stuffed at a straight angle with the bumper removed. I've yet to get any hub to fender measurements. The fronts rubbed minimially in the back of the front tire. Don't remember if there was rubbing in the rear, but if so, it was just enough to knock the dust off.

Note: the 2nd pic is of me explaining how the 3" bump stops work.
jk-tires-installed.jpg   stuffed.jpg   other-pic.jpg  
Unread 03-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #22
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

The first pic is stuffed at an angle. It was rubbing the front metal. Afterwards I trimmed to about the red line in the 2nd pic. I'm hoping this will also allow me to run 33" tires without the front bumper.

So my conclusion is: If you want to do more than light crawling on a 3" lift, disconnected and 32" tires, it's highly suggested to: relocate washer bottle, remove front bumper / have aftermarket bumper / trim quite a bit, trim the metal to the red part in the picture below, and use reliable coil spring retainers.
rubbing.jpg   rubbing-trimmed.jpg  
Unread 03-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #23
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:

So the conclusion is: If you want to do more than mall crawl on a 3" lift, disconnected and 32" tires, you must: relocate washer bottle, remove front bumper or have aftermarket bumper, trim the metal to the red part in the picture, and use reliable coil spring retainers.
hmmm.....not necessarily...I'm running IROs 3" lift with 32's and extended my front b.s. 3"s. I dont mall crawl, nor does it rub the front enough for me to shiv a git when disco'd. and yes i still have my fender linings and reservoir
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
hmmm.....not necessarily...I'm running IROs 3" lift with 32's and extended my front b.s. 3"s. I dont mall crawl, nor does it rub the front enough for me to shiv a git when disco'd. and yes i still have my fender linings and reservoir
alwayshi, was late last night and my wife was rushing me to get off the jeepbook, so I posted in haste, went back and changed to the wording a bit and added the pictures. Based on the picture, I don't think your fender liner or washer bottle would survive if the WJ got into a similar position. Also, aren't you still looking for a ZJ washer bottle there in HI to do the relocate?
Unread 03-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #25
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
alwayshi, was late last night and my wife was rushing me to get off the jeepbook, so I posted in haste, went back and changed to the wording a bit and added the pictures. Based on the picture, I don't think your fender liner or washer bottle would survive if the WJ got into a similar position. Also, aren't you still looking for a ZJ washer bottle there in HI to do the relocate?
Ahh yes i see it reworded now, lol. I also see the "stuffing" pictures.
At that far in stuff, the lining should be okay, but guarantee that reservoir is going. Yup, still looking for one, biggoofy (i think thats his name, the ZJ dude) was suppose to quote me but he bailed on me twice. I'm moving to 4" LA's very soon and I want that reservoir out of the way.

BTW, your WJ is freaking CLEAN in the first pic!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #26
swoermck
2000 WJ 

Wj 265er and 3" Lift without disconnects

Hi,

following all of your posts about running 265/75-16 on 3" Lift I recognized that most of you do wheeling with front stabiliser disconnected..

As I plan to do the same mod with 3" Lift (plus 3/4 inch I'll put in in addition), but don't have those disconnects:

do the 265/75-16 fit on a 3.75" Lift WITHOUT disconnects?

thanks,

Stefan
swoermck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #27
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

I plan to run 265/70/17 on the IRO 3". What bumpstops are all you guys talking about 3" bumpstops running?
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #28
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST
I plan to run 265/70/17 on the IRO 3". What bumpstops are all you guys talking about 3" bumpstops running?
The extended bump stops that prevent the taller tire from travelling up higher into the fender. You can buy them from iron rock offroad.
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #29
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Quote:
You can buy them from iron rock offroad.
$50/pair? GTFO, looks like I'll be going the hockey puck route. Anyone know the height of the factory BSE's?
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #30
redwolf698
2004 WJ 

So $50 is too much to spend on your vehicle for an appropriately designed, manufactured and installed device? Really? Wow.
Boat Drinks OffRoad Co-Founder
redwolf698 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.