Oil Pressure Gauge Dropping and Rising - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Oil Pressure Gauge Dropping and Rising

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #16
2001WJv8
2001 WJ 

what pressure is it reading, what engine do you have? the acceptable PSI level for a V8 is anywhere between 7-80psi

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #17
ginobrownt

My engine is 4.0 straight 6. The oil pressure reads between 0-10. Sometimes the gauge light comes on
ginobrownt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
kdsimmons19
2004 WJ 

Where is the best place to buy a sensor? People reccomending Mopar but seems to be probs with their sensors. I've been throwing a 0523 code and occasionally my gauge reads no pressure.

Thanks guys.
kdsimmons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
VTech99
2000 WJ 

My replacement oil pressure sending unit sheared off as I was tightening, so I have the threaded "nub" still in the engine block with the rest of the sensor not connected. From underneath I can feel that some of the threads are exposed so I may be able to use a vise grip to twist it out. However, access from below is really tight. Does anyone know if there's a way to access from the top? Possibly by removing the airbox?

Thanks!
VTech99
VTech99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
StormChaserTim
2000 WJ 

When I bought my 2000, it did exactly the same thing.....pressure on the gas, nothing at idle, with accompanying chime tone and warning light. So I got a sender off of RockAuto, and my problem turned upside down, hahahah.

Now I have no pressure when I hit the gas, and great pressure at idle. I have a replacement sender to install.

I'll gladly report back with my pressure readings when I get a sender in it that works, LOL

Tim

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.