Oil light question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Oil light question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 12-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Oil light question

I have a 01 wj 4.7 and was wondering if the oil light would come on for having low oil, and if so how low does the oil have to be? I'm asking Becuase the "new" engine that was put into my car recently stalled out on me and won't start. The mechanic says that it was at least 3.5 quarts low on oil and 1 gallon low on coolant. I know it's complete bull but I need a way to prove it in clue because the mechanic is not following his warrantee because the failure is "my fault"

Unread 12-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Oh and to add this is what he said "happend". The low coolant caused the oil to get hot and burn(which that should have caused the light to go on because of pressure reasons) and burned all 24 rings causing it to stall out but not completely seize. Also I explained to him that my temp gauge never moved above 180ish and he said that the gauge is bad!!! Soo angry it is ridiculous

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.