Odd steering noise - video included - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Odd steering noise - video included

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #16
Booztd3

Thanks Jeeples

I actually found that TSB last night and while I was under the hood spraying the firewall bushing down with lithium grease I checked those lines just to be sure. There's probably 1/4" gap between the two (maybe more) and from what I can see there's no evidence they are rubbing eachother. They were coating in old PS fluid gunk from the prior pump failure so it would have been easy to spot any rubbing areas. I may try moving them further away from eachother just for giggles the next time I go look at it.

10.2 @ 141mph
Booztd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #17
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

I have your fix, follow along very carefully

1. Empty Jeep of personal belongings.
2. Open fuel fill cap.
3. Stuff fuel fill tube with oily rag.
4. Strike match.
5. Use match to light rag ablaze.
6. Buy replacement vehichle.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #18
b00sted4banger

"or two males mating" lmao. Just read that TSB, seems easy enough and sounds like exactly whats going on, i'll give it a try here in a few minutes
b00sted4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #19
b00sted4banger

TSB fail for me. My two lines are no where near touching each other
b00sted4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
Booztd3

The lines on this jeep were not touching eachother. Each had enough oil coated on them it would have been very easy to see if they were rubbing. I replaced the PS pump, and greased the firewall carrier bushing and the noise still exists. The gal didn't want to wrap up too much more into it and she had planned on selling it. I told her it may not be cost effective to keep troubleshooting if she's just going to sell it. Unfortunately I prob won't be much more help in this thread.
10.2 @ 141mph
Booztd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booztd3 View Post
The lines on this jeep were not touching eachother. Each had enough oil coated on them it would have been very easy to see if they were rubbing. I replaced the PS pump, and greased the firewall carrier bushing and the noise still exists. The gal didn't want to wrap up too much more into it and she had planned on selling it. I told her it may not be cost effective to keep troubleshooting if she's just going to sell it. Unfortunately I prob won't be much more help in this thread.
Well that's BS.

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $ = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.