O2 Sensor...Bosch, Denso, or NGK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > O2 Sensor...Bosch, Denso, or NGK?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

O2 Sensor...Bosch, Denso, or NGK?

I'm planning to replace my O2 Sensors to get more MPG. I have replaced all my fluids. Replaced Fuel Filter and Plugs. Getting a CAI and Full Exhaust is kinda $$$.
My option now is to replace the o2 sensors. I don't wanna go MOPAR coz its pricey too. Instead I'll replace it with either NGK, DENSO or BOSCH.
I personally trust NGK and DENSO.
BTW i have 4 o2 sensore thats why i dont wanna go MOPAR,IYKWIM.
I need some feedback to those who have replaced their o2 sensors, did it gain any mpg?
Thanks....

blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

If you really, really don't want to go with the mopar (even though you should), do NOT run bosch. They do not get along with the Jeep PCM. Denso would be alright I think, but price those out, and price out the mopar sensors by sending a PM to Kolak. You might be surprised at the lack of price difference.

What plugs did you go with, and how many miles do you have?
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
I'm planning to replace my O2 Sensors to get more MPG. I have replaced all my fluids. Replaced Fuel Filter and Plugs. Getting a CAI and Full Exhaust is kinda $$$.
My option now is to replace the o2 sensors. I don't wanna go MOPAR coz its pricey too. Instead I'll replace it with either NGK, DENSO or BOSCH.
I personally trust NGK and DENSO.
BTW i have 4 o2 sensore thats why i dont wanna go MOPAR,IYKWIM.
I need some feedback to those who have replaced their o2 sensors, did it gain any mpg?
Thanks....
Bosch developed the thing, and have the best track record for me with domestics (NGK for Asian imports.) ACDelco is, I think, rebranded Bosch - they've always worked well for me when I couldn't get Bosch directly.
Unread 10-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #4
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the88thpianoman View Post

What plugs did you go with, and how many miles do you have?
I put in the stock champion copper plugs. I followed the Gap on WJJEEPS. Im at 120K.
Unread 10-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
Kolak
Vendor

I'd definitely suggest genuine Mopar for best performance and economy. And I offer a 25% discount off what you'd pay for them at the dealerships. But how many miles on your WJ?
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
I'd definitely suggest genuine Mopar for best performance and economy. And I offer a 25% discount off what you'd pay for them at the dealerships. But how many miles on your WJ?
Im at 120K.
Unread 10-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi

Im at 120K.
Mopar.
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
Kolak
Vendor

Just wanted to be sure you had high mileage - it is time to replace them. PM me if you'd like pricing.

Quote:
Im at 120K.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

Both NGK/NTK, and DENSO are used by Chrysler as OEM parts.
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreenZJ View Post
Both NGK/NTK, and DENSO are used by Chrysler as OEM parts.
Interesting... I trust those names. Even if their Import brands, i believe the specs and manufacturing still meets/exceeds chryslers standards. They are one of the Top Trusted Brands....
Unread 10-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90 View Post
Bosch developed the thing, and have the best track record for me with domestics (NGK for Asian imports.) ACDelco is, I think, rebranded Bosch - they've always worked well for me when I couldn't get Bosch directly.
ngk are jeep oem for o2 sensors.

bosch has a VERY poor track record with jeep electronics. so much so that most bosch sensors, solenoids, coils and spark plugs don't last more than 1 month in obdii jeeps. there are a few rare exceptions as always.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #12
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

If you get your O2 sensor from the dealership you'll get a NGK/NTK, or a DENSO anyways in a Mopar box for twice the money. I have also used "Standard" brand O2 sensors in Chryslers with success.

The last time I used Bosch O2 sensors in a Chrysler was in a 02 300M Special and it gave O2 sensors heater codes right away. Bosch spark plugs don't fair well at all in some Chryslers at all like the Neon, giving misfire codes in a short time. But the same can be said for Champion plugs when used in some Fords with 4.6L engines.

Borg-Warner O2 sensors are junk no matter what they are installed into.

Quote:
Interesting...I trust those names. Even if their Import brands, i believe the specs and manufacturing still meets/exceeds chryslers standards. They are one of the Top Trusted Brands....
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #13
navy4life
1999 WJ 

I personally wouldn't go with Bosch. 1. Look at the reasons above. 2. The Bosch version of the upstream o2 sensor doesn't exactly fit. Atleast on my 4L WJ(i understand you've got the 4.7). I say NGK
Unread 10-20-2011, 06:08 AM   #14
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

At 316,000 I have changed my sensors a couple of times and have used Bosch from NAPA with no problems.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #15
JEA
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmaveric View Post
At 316,000 I have changed my sensors a couple of times and have used Bosch from NAPA with no problems.
OK HOW THE F* did you put in anything but the factory sensor?

I can get my factory upstream O2 sensor out but both the BOSH and the denso are 1/4" to long. I can't get them strait enough to screw them in, they just hit the transmission.

Is there wrong with the exaust routing to where this is a problem for everyone or is this just me?

WJ 4.0 4x4
JEA is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.