NV247 Shifter/Tcase Bezel Change - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > NV247 Shifter/Tcase Bezel Change

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
TheKlic
2004 WJ 

Wj NV247 Shifter/Tcase Bezel Change

Greetings all.

I searched and found a few threads on how to remove shift knobs and T-case knobs, but I wasn't able to find an answer on this specific question. Rather than pull a Lazarus on a preschool aged tangentially related thread, thought I'd make a new one.

The bezel (plastic trim bit indicating gear, t-case position, etc) is broken on my Jeep. Found a couple in the junkyard with the correct plate.

Do you have to remove the center console to change the bezel?

I read where a few people said it was necessary to change the entire shifter out for a broken trim piece, but others disagreed. Obviously hoping to glean information from the board rather than waste a few hours doing unnecessary work if possible.

Thank you

qd_shifter2.jpg  
TheKlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
silentbob21
2004 WJ 

You do have to remove the console and the shift knobs to remove the bezel. My personal opinion is that it Is easier to just replace entire shifter assembly rather than try to remove the knobs. Other have removed the knobs, I just swapped the assembly and it was fairly easy, only thing remotely difficult is unhooking and reattaching cables but its simple.

So if you can get the assembly cheap I say go that route. And you don't have to remove two sets of knobs.

silentbob21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.