-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (
-   -   NV247 Shifter/Tcase Bezel Change (

TheKlic 05-22-2013 08:51 AM

NV247 Shifter/Tcase Bezel Change
1 Attachment(s)
Greetings all.

I searched and found a few threads on how to remove shift knobs and T-case knobs, but I wasn't able to find an answer on this specific question. Rather than pull a Lazarus on a preschool aged tangentially related thread, thought I'd make a new one.

The bezel (plastic trim bit indicating gear, t-case position, etc) is broken on my Jeep. Found a couple in the junkyard with the correct plate.

Do you have to remove the center console to change the bezel?

I read where a few people said it was necessary to change the entire shifter out for a broken trim piece, but others disagreed. Obviously hoping to glean information from the board rather than waste a few hours doing unnecessary work if possible.

Thank you

silentbob21 05-22-2013 09:17 AM

You do have to remove the console and the shift knobs to remove the bezel. My personal opinion is that it Is easier to just replace entire shifter assembly rather than try to remove the knobs. Other have removed the knobs, I just swapped the assembly and it was fairly easy, only thing remotely difficult is unhooking and reattaching cables but its simple.

So if you can get the assembly cheap I say go that route. And you don't have to remove two sets of knobs.

The time now is 08:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.