Nv247 fluid drama queens - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
fast540
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: rohnert park
Posts: 1,549
Nv247 fluid drama queens

That bottom seller has had that same deal on fluid for years now. Everyone keeps telling newbies the fluid is dealer only and soo expensive that its cheaper to change the tc than buy fluid ect. If ya want a 242 do a swap if u like the 247 keep it but let's get past this 247 juice being the same cost as unicorn blood thing. If any jeep owner is really trippin of the difference of fluid price between this and ATF you must not wheel your jeep often. Synthetic motor oil is 8$ a quart so who cares.you wanna save enough for a tc fluid change skip one meal out or ride a bike to work one time.

image-369222307.jpg

fast540 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 12:13 PM
chrism1367
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 790
Ok.
chrism1367 is offline  
post #3 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Cirruslydakota
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Towson
Posts: 2,006
Wow only $10.95 a quart? Thatís way cheaper than $14.10 at the dealer! Letís see what shipping costs to my houseÖ $13.06?! Now itís $25.05! For ONE quart.

Sure it might be cheaper to ship to you because youíre in California but itís not for everybody. It would cost me more money to order 3 quarts, ship it here from that dealer in Arizona ($46.62), and have my jeep down until Thursday-Friday than it would just to go to my local dealer and pay the $14.10 x 3 + 6% sales tax ($14.95 x 3 = $44.84) for the same 3 quarts and I get it that day and change out my fluid in under an hour. With one day shipping Iím looking at paying $118.25 for 3 quarts to have it shipped here by WEDNESDAY.

BTW, if youíre paying $8/quart for synthetic motor oil youíre doing it wrong. I can pick Rotella T6 for $6/quart all day long.

Consider yourself "informed".

Expensive transfer case fluid? I wouldn't know; I have a 242.
Attached Thumbnails
New Bitmap Image.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   dealer.jpg  


Bear - 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Apollo - 2008 Mazdaspeed3
Vivienne - 2015 Chrysler 200S
Cirruslydakota is offline  
post #4 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Jeeples
Moderator
 
Jeeples's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/
Posts: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast540 View Post
That bottom seller has had that same deal on fluid for years now. Everyone keeps telling newbies the fluid is dealer only and soo expensive that its cheaper to change the tc than buy fluid ect. If ya want a 242 do a swap if u like the 247 keep it but let's get past this 247 juice being the same cost as unicorn blood thing. If any jeep owner is really trippin of the difference of fluid price between this and ATF you must not wheel your jeep often. Synthetic motor oil is 8$ a quart so who cares.you wanna save enough for a tc fluid change skip one meal out or ride a bike to work one time.

Attachment 636320
$11 plus $10 shipping?

No thanks, I'll keep paying $15 + tax at my local dealer. I change the fluid every two years just to be on the safe side.

I haven't heard of anybody complaining about the price of the NV247 fluid in quite some time, especially considering that a quart of synthetic gear oil costs more.

His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- Some stuff

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjeep19 View Post
It is what Jeeples has *PARTIALLY* stated.
Jeeples is offline  
post #5 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 12:37 PM
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!
 
alfaitalia's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bognor
Posts: 5,937
Except here in the UK where it was ridiculously expensive.....and now its not available at all! But the factory approved Petronus replacement is cheaper....but only comes in 5 litre containers. So thats enough for two and a half changes....very convenient!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got yourself an electrical problem!
alfaitalia is offline  
post #6 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 12:50 PM
PA55
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wrentham
Posts: 80
Just cost me £85.40 for 5l Petronas Arbor 10W/30 and 500ml FM

http://www.4playjeep.com/index.php?_...&productId=239
PA55 is offline  
post #7 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 12:52 PM
lazyWJ
Registered User
2006 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: halifax
Posts: 828

No kidding. When I went to the dealer to get fluid for my 247 I was expecting it to be hundreds of dollars and come in little glass vials with cork tops and velvet ribbons... instead it ran me about $36 in total for all I needed (2 bottles) and a little left over. FFS. I also do not see what the big issue is about it being so expensive or exotic. And like alfalfa says, there are alternates in the hydraulic fluid family if cost or availability of unicorn jizz is an issue in your area.

2004 Imola BMW ZHP
2006 Commander Limited Hemi QD2
"Bought, Not Built"
lazyWJ is offline  
post #8 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 01:35 PM
99gcl532
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: little falls
Posts: 41
You only need 3.4 pints that's less then 2 quarts.
99gcl532 is offline  
post #9 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Cirruslydakota
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Towson
Posts: 2,006
True. My point is by his logic ordering it from ebay is cheaper (It's not) than buying it from the dealer. Assuming his dealer sells it for $14.10/qt like mine does, adding 7.25% Ca sales tax, and buying 2 quarts it comes out to $30.24. If he orders the same two quarts off ebay he's paying $32.24 plus time to get it there which in his case might be a day. For the rest of us that dont live right next door to AZ itll cost us signifantly more time and money to have it shipped to us which is a waste.

Expensive transfer case fluid? I wouldn't know; I have a 242.

Bear - 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Apollo - 2008 Mazdaspeed3
Vivienne - 2015 Chrysler 200S
Cirruslydakota is offline  
post #10 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 01:48 PM
rdkendrick
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyWJ View Post

No kidding. When I went to the dealer to get fluid for my 247 I was expecting it to be hundreds of dollars and come in little glass vials with cork tops and velvet ribbons... instead it ran me about $36 in total for all I needed (2 bottles) and a little left over. FFS. I also do not see what the big issue is about it being so expensive or exotic. And like alfalfa says, there are alternates in the hydraulic fluid family if cost or availability of unicorn jizz is an issue in your area.
Alfalfa, LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
rdkendrick is offline  
post #11 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK
 
Wheelin98TJ's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota View Post
True. My point is by his logic ordering it from ebay is cheaper (It's not) than buying it from the dealer. Assuming his dealer sells it for $14.10/qt like mine does, adding 7.25% Ca sales tax, and buying 2 quarts it comes out to $30.24. If he orders the same two quarts off ebay he's paying $32.24 plus time to get it there which in his case might be a day. For the rest of us that dont live right next door to AZ itll cost us signifantly more time and money to have it shipped to us which is a waste.

Expensive transfer case fluid? I wouldn't know; I have a 242.
Post #3 caused the confusion because you said 3 quarts.
Wheelin98TJ is offline  
post #12 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 02:47 PM
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler
 
86cj74.2L's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stouchsburg, PA
Posts: 10,431
I also think the OP's undertones were eluding to the recent threads about the 247 not working and because the fluid is soo expensive its worth it to change to a 242 because you can use ATF+4 in it.
86cj74.2L is offline  
post #13 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 03:04 PM
99SK04GTX
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 729
I own 2 WJ's with QuadraDrive. I just purchased a 2 1/2 gallon Jug to the Mobil 424 from Gempler's (Owned by Graingers).
http://www.gemplers.com/product/1985...e-Construction

$49.35. use code GEMTSC1A for 5% off. Sometimes they offer free shipping but not right now.

I paid $49.35 + $10.95 Freight + $2.34 tax = $60.17 for 10 Quarts. $6/Qt.

I also just bought 5 gal of G-O5 AF from Zoro tools and paid $60 for $12/gal
Zoro Item
Product Name
Description
Unit Price
Qty.
Amount
G2079122AntifreezeAntifreeze,G05,1 Gal,Yellow$15.195$60.95Total

Search Google for "Zoro tools discount code" I received $15 off $75 and free ship over $50
$60.95
99SK04GTX is offline  
post #14 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Jeeples
Moderator
 
Jeeples's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/
Posts: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SK04GTX View Post

I also just bought 5 gal of G-O5 AF from Zoro tools and paid $60 for $12/gal
Eh, the local parts stores here sell full strength G-05 for $9.99 a gallon.

His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- Some stuff

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjeep19 View Post
It is what Jeeples has *PARTIALLY* stated.
Jeeples is offline  
post #15 of 24 Old 06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
99SK04GTX
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 729
$17.99 per gal here locally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Eh, the local parts stores here sell full strength G-05 for $9.99 a gallon.
Advance Auto doesn't carry G-05, none at Walmart. Only found it at O'Riley's Auto for $17.99/gal
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0496&ppt=C0059
99SK04GTX is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome