Not your normal Blinker Problem, already fixed Relay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Not your normal Blinker Problem, already fixed Relay

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
cheapjeep2x
1999 WJ 

Not your normal Blinker Problem, already fixed Relay

99 WJ Limited, 180k, I have been working through several gremlins as I get ready to hand my Jeep over to my 16 year old to drive.

I have had weird cluster issues over time and blinker issues. I have resolved 99% of the issues and am now down to 1 blinker issue.

I replaced the cluster to fix other problems. Everything works good.

I had the notorious blinker relay issue, where before I would hit the left signal and there was nothing. A smack of the dash and it work work.

Pulled the blinker module removed the cover and did the solder trick making sure everything was very nice and soldered correctly (years of experience soldering).

Blinkers work all the time now, however, now I have an occasional indicator failure, where the left blinker works, i.e. flashes on the outside, blinker is clicking and works as it should but the indicator on the dash is not illuminating. A smack of the dash has no effect, the bulb is good, it's not the cluster as I swapped it out and it did this with the other cluster too.

So I am about out of ideas, other than maybe it's the turn signal switch itself but then I don't think so because if I hit the flashers, the light on the dash does not work but everything is actually working except the left indicator.

This is intermittent. For no apparent reason it will just work again. Kinda losing my mind on what this could be.

Any ideas? TIA.

cheapjeep2x is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.