not so ricer wj projectors?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > not so ricer wj projectors??

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

not so ricer wj projectors??

this is the closest i have found so far, id replace the blue leds with orange ones.

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Halo BK Projector Headlights:eBay Motors (item 130336503417 end time Oct-13-09 19:37:06 PDT)

-or-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04...item2ea84ddc8f

K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
savexourxship
1999 WJ 

I have those check out some of my threads. I still haven't wires the halos yet tho.
savexourxship is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

what the problem is?
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
savexourxship
1999 WJ 

Booooooobs

Laziness it be
savexourxship is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 03:21 AM   #5
Dr-Detjen
2000 WJ 

I have these and i like them a lot. they are the least ricer i could find. and yes i swaped the side LED's for amber.

Dr-Detjen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #6
gbauer
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-Detjen View Post
Need to drop it, put on some dubs and add chrome trim. Stat!

Kidding. I like those headlights. espically for the price!
gbauer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
SteelBlue_WJ
Web Wheeler

do they come in a black housing?

2001 Steel Blue WJ Laredo SA 4x4, 3.5" lift, Apperance Package with factory Laredo Steel Blue cladding/leather
Conferr Roof Basket with custom Randy Ellis Design light cage, WAAG grille guard and Hella lots of 500 lights

2004 Wrangler Sport, 2.5" and 31's, nothing special

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.' "
John Greenleaf Whittier
SteelBlue_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #8
JMillerUA6
1995 ZJ 

Anyone ever done a retrofit on these headlights?? e.g. Pulling the headlights apart and fitting them with projectors and shrouds from another car.

I think I have some clear lens TSX projectors laying around somewhere.......
JMillerUA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
99avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMillerUA6 View Post
Anyone ever done a retrofit on these headlights?? e.g. Pulling the headlights apart and fitting them with projectors and shrouds from another car.

I think I have some clear lens TSX projectors laying around somewhere.......
Yes, on the stock headlights. The aftermarket ones are already projectors. There have been multiple threads on this in the past.

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
99avant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
JMillerUA6
1995 ZJ 

Yeah the only reason I was asking was because 99% of the time the output on those ebay projectors is garbage. The only ones that I've seen that DO have decent output are TYC's, and for the same, or a little more money and a little time you could throw together a retrofit with some Acura TL/TSX, Infiniti FX or BMW projectors, a D2S HID Kit, and some nice shrouds.....I'll bet it would be a cakewalk on the WJ headlights because of the way the reflectors are shaped.
JMillerUA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Dr-Detjen, where did you get those? I like them better than everything else I've seen. I need to replace my current yellowed headlights ASAP!

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
gbauer
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YHC2000WJ View Post
Dr-Detjen, where did you get those? I like them better than everything else I've seen. I need to replace my current yellowed headlights ASAP!
for $20 at pepboys you can get a headlight reconditioner kit. Basically you sand the headlights with a lower then higher grit sandpaper and then polish them. I did it on mine because they were so bad that the light was diminished at night.

After that you can hit it with a coat or two of clear coat and volla! New headlights.
Unread 10-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #13
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
for $20 at pepboys you can get a headlight reconditioner kit. Basically you sand the headlights with a lower then higher grit sandpaper and then polish them. I did it on mine because they were so bad that the light was diminished at night.

After that you can hit it with a coat or two of clear coat and volla! New headlights.
Meh...I've done the wet-sanding thing before. Results were OK at best and it was a hell of a lot of work. For ~$100, I'd rather just replace the lights.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #14
gbauer
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Meh...I've done the wet-sanding thing before. Results were OK at best and it was a hell of a lot of work. For ~$100, I'd rather just replace the lights.
Depends on what the rest of the Heep is like.
Unread 10-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #15
Dr-Detjen
2000 WJ 

Quote:
I got them off ebay for about $140 i think. my old were so yellow too. Stock wj headlight housings are so bad to begin with anyways. Search around, there are a few different versions out there these are the newest. they do have Black version too.

My light output is good but i run 50w HID for blinding output. I can take a night pic if anyone is interested. They have a good cutoff line and beam pattern is more pencil shaped. if you have decent bulbs in your fogs its a nice compliment as these headlights give more of a "driving light" coverage. move your high beam bulbs to the fogs and get some new bulbs that are brighter. like these for the high beams

TOSHIBA HIR 9011:
TOSHIBA HIR 9011 BULBS, MAXIMUM LIGHT, STOCK WATTAGE:eBay Motors (item 180337003964 end time Nov-09-09 21:22:30 PST)
Dr-Detjen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.