No Reverse Lights - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No Reverse Lights

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #16
4Tom
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buns_1 View Post
I pulled the wire connector off and reconnected it with no luck. There is not a Neutral Safety Switch on the 45/545. I only see the speed input and speed output sensors. For now I am assuming it is the solenoid in the transmission. I have gotten use to my "manual" reverse lights, so I think I am just going to run that setup for now. I went ahead and tapped my roof rack lights into my reverse lights, so I have plenty of light back there now!
Yes your correct the reverse switch is in transmission. Its not cheap to repair as I believe you have to replace the solenoid pack. There was a member here who tracked the fault down and repaied it. He did post results but started a few threads before finally posting results but you probably find his posts with a bit of searching

Tom
4Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #17
buns_1
2004 WJ 

My reverse lights mysteriously started working again last night. I am not going to complain.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.