No power to interior lights until Jeep starts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No power to interior lights until Jeep starts

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
kellyserena2000

No power to interior lights until Jeep starts

Ok so let's try to make this long story short. I have had a lot of trouble out of my 2000 Grand Cherokee. Most recently I had to replace the infamous cracked head... When I got the Jeep back after having the head replaced I noticed that none of the accessories work unless the Jeep is started, meaning if I go to my jeep and open the door the interior lights don't work until I put the key in and turn it to run. Then the turn on. Same with the headlights. If I leave the headlight switch on and turn the jeep off the headlights turn off immediately even though I have it set to headlight delay. To me it seems like the mechanic left something unplugged or pulled a fuse and didn't put it back. I've had a falling out with this mechanic since then so I'm not taking it back to him. My question is how do I fix it?

kellyserena2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
soobad

Same thing here

i also have a 2000 jeep Wj with the same problem, i have been told it is the BCM that has went bad but i would like to have someone confirm that before i put the money into fixing it..
soobad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
kellyserena2000

I just read a lot of the BCM posts and none of them are the problems I'm having. In all of those cases it happens when driving down the road and it comes and goes. And it involves the dash lights going crazy and the radio not working. Mine has done it consistently since I got the head replaced and all it is is that the lights that would normally come on without the keys won't come on until I put the key in.
kellyserena2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
WJ2000
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyserena2000 View Post
I just read a lot of the BCM posts and none of them are the problems I'm having. In all of those cases it happens when driving down the road and it comes and goes. And it involves the dash lights going crazy and the radio not working. Mine has done it consistently since I got the head replaced and all it is is that the lights that would normally come on without the keys won't come on until I put the key in.
Hey I have the same problem , let me know what you find out .
2000 WJ 4.0 NEW 4.6 stroker. W/ 4'' Tera Flex Long arm kit, KING 2.5s w/res front,2.5 Kings w/res Rear,Tom wood front drive, 33 x 15s KM2s, Bassett 15'x8 ,fully addjustible Tera flex Track bar, IRO 3link rear, EBC Dippled & sloted front disks, EBC green stuff pads, Iceland off road fender flairs''.
WJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

My best guess, Security alarm door switch, tells BCM if door Are locked/unlocked and arm/dearm alarm and activate/deactivates interior light.

Its located inside the door, back side of handle, at the back of the key cylinder, its attached there with a C clip, also check wireing harness for broken wire all the Way thrue door boot.

Messuring parameters and part number, see my thread "interior light problem"

Good luck
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.