no fuel to engine - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > no fuel to engine

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #31
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002jeepIN View Post
I have a code the says that the number 6 cilinder is miss firing. Is this a sign of the timing is off
If the timing was off, you'd have multiple cylinders misfiring.

ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #32
2002jeepIN
2002 WJ 

What would cause the code on cylinder 6. Also why would it Start hard and idle rough
2002jeepIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #33
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Start here: Misfire Diagnosis Guide
Unread 09-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #34
2002jeepIN
2002 WJ 

Hey ya'll here is what I get after I finally get the engine started. It seems like there is not enough juice to start the jeep but it battery is fully charged. After it starts it idles a little rough and sucks air bad then it quites down a bit. When ecclerate it wants to die until I get the rpms to about 1000 then it seems to be fine as long as it stays above a 1000 rpms. I also get about 6 codes. I have attached a screen shot of them. Let me know what you all think.
Unread 09-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #35
2002jeepIN
2002 WJ 

So since it it wont let me upload my screen shot. Here are the codes: PO352, PO351, PO389, PO354, PO356, and PO141. Let me know what ya'll think
Unread 09-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #36
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

P0141 (M)
O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
Oxygen sensor heater element malfunction. O2 sensor voltage greater than 3 volts for 60 to 240 seconds.

P0351 (M)
Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit
Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time.

P0352 (M)
Ignition Coil B Primary/Secondary Circuit
Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time.

P0354 (M)
Ignition Coil D Primary/Secondary Circuit
Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time (High Impedance).

P0356 (M)
Ignition Coil F Primary/Secondary Circuit
Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time (high impedance).

P0389
Crankshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Intermittent

I would start by focusing on P0389 (read: bad Crankshaft Position Sensor OR faulty wiring to said sensor). The Crankshaft Position Sensor directly affects many other systems in a vehicle.

Unread 09-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #37
2002jeepIN
2002 WJ 

If you timimg was off would it effect your crankshaft sensor
Unread 09-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #38
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

It shouldn't. The crankshaft position sensor basically reads the location of the crankshaft and sends the information back to the computer. As important as this sensor is, ironically it's task is very elementary.
Unread 09-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #39
2002jeepIN
2002 WJ 

How would I know that the timing is off. Something is telling me that the time is off
Unread 09-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #40
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Have you messed with the Camshaft Position Sensor? If you haven't removed it, the timing should be fine unless the sensor bad. Thought I think the sensor is of no concern, ultimately the decision is yours and you're welcome to replace it if you wish. When you do, you'll need the dealer to set it properly with a DRBIII tool.

I still recommend looking into the Crankshaft Position Sensor since you actually have a code for it. Keep in mind, when this sensor goes out, it can cause weird running issues, random misfiring, and stalling.
Unread 09-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #41
2002jeepIN
2002 WJ 

Your talking about the one one the bottom of the head right?
Unread 09-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #42
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Woops! We're discussing a V8.

My advice above still stands EXCEPT for the part about having the dealer sync the Camshaft Position Sensor with a DRBIII tool. That's accurate for a 4.0 but I'm not sure what is needed in regards to a 4.7.

That being said, the Camshaft Position Sensor is located at the front of the passenger side head towards the top. The Crankshaft Position Sensor is located at the rear of the passenger side on the lower portion of the block.
Unread 09-04-2014, 05:54 AM   #43
jamdmyers

fyi I've been fighting a non start issue similar to many posts, Sometimes starts, others no (no gauges).. I've replaced CKP and CPS with mopar parts.
Camshaft Sensor - Passenger side behind oil filler (4.7) Remove battery and battery tray you can access it easily.
Crankshaft Position Senor - Bottom of engine, above starter. Started can be 'moved' out of the way, you'll see the sensor. Beware they are pita to remove if frozen in, I ended up using a dremel and grinding it out after the post broke off (common according to dealer mechanic)

I've also replaced fuel pump and filter
I've replaced fuses and relays.

Today I'm ordering a pcm (still doesn't start, does rarely)
jamdmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.