newbie from uk - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > newbie from uk

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
kdsimmons19
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlJH View Post
Here in the UK we would like our fuel to be cheaper like the US, but last year I broke my wrist and needed surgery to get
it fixed with a plate and screws plus 2 days in hospital, which personally didn't cost me anything at the time as our health
service is paid for by the government from taxes. Did a google search for the cost in the US and came back with $20-30K !!!
So I'm happy to pay higher fuel bills knowing I wont be hit with medical bills like that for something simple like my wrist.
You have a valid point there. Worked with a guy from Great Yarmouth for a while who had nothing but good things to say about the UK healthcare system. It'd be nice to implement that here, but people are so politically polarized. It won't happen for a long time.

Just an example...a guy in my office had a hip replacement and this hip alone was 15K. Surgery probably another 25K. Plus rehab. Thank god we all have insurance.

kdsimmons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #17
kdsimmons19
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesouthern View Post
Thanks everyone, I got the D modulars on with 265/75/16 insa turbo dakars. Very pleased so far. Ive been looking into a rough country 4" lift as my bb is no longer enough!

Petrol is so expensive in uk but im also on lpg (61p a litre by me) so not tooo bad!
Hoping to get my roofrack & 4 roof lights on this wk. Having a custom winch mount made them im fabbing a 3mm alloy winch bumper over it as I work with alloy & its lighter than steel. Ive also cut out front arches & got rid of the flat faced part. Easy to do with a 1mm grinding disc & plastic edging strip, took a lot of steel out of inner arches too.
Sounds like you've really hit the ground running with you rig. Congrats. Got any good places to go wheeling?
kdsimmons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:

I get about 40 miles out of 20 of petrol in uk if im lucky & its got worse since the 265/75/16 mud tyres went on
Either you have that wrong or your Jeep has a serious problem as that works out to just under 5.5 miles to the UK gallon. Must be wrong......I hope!
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
stevesouthern
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Either you have that wrong or your Jeep has a serious problem as that works out to just under 5.5 miles to the UK gallon. Must be wrong......I hope!
According to the display, on petrol I get 6 -8 mpg up the steep hill from home first thing in morn & 13 ish on a run. Thats with a high lift jack on roof & spade, & the aggressive mud tyres. I usually carry a boot full of gear for work too. Im running without front bumper at mo which prob doesnt help aerodynamics either

I get about 160 / 180 miles on 70 litres of lpg tho at 61p a litre.
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
stevesouthern
2000 WJ 

I had a 2002 chevy silverado 6.0l 2500 4x4 with 33's on before the wj & im sure it wasnt as bad as the wj on petrol!

The wj takes several runs of the fuel pump off ign sw b4 it will start & has ocasional misfire so it aint in best of health at mo!
Unread 05-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #21
stevesouthern
2000 WJ 

Was gonna post a pic but it seems its impossible on this forum. My profile pic is ok but cant post it in a thread???
Apparently the file size is too big? If id bought a file from hardware store & it was too big id just grind end off but my samsung tablet cant seem to do that ? I just want a pic of my jeep on here - but no cant be done!

Last edited by stevesouthern; 05-30-2013 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: rant
stevesouthern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #22
MWF
2002 WJ 

FWIW I get just under 16mpg with a lifted V8 on mud tires. But that's normal petrol not LPG.
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Was gonna post a pic but it seems its impossible on this forum. My profile pic is ok but cant post it in a thread???
Apparently the file size is too big? If id bought a file from hardware store & it was too big id just grind end off but my samsung tablet cant seem to do that ? I just want a pic of my jeep on here - but no cant be done!
Don't think you can put a photo on before you have a post count of 25 or more.....but I could be wrong!.....I was once....1985 I think it was!
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWF View Post
FWIW I get just under 16mpg with a lifted V8 on mud tires. But that's normal petrol not LPG.
Heavy, noisey MTs took 4 mpg off my CRD.....with that and the noise they were off after less than a month!
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #25
MWF
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Heavy, noisey MTs took 4 mpg off my CRD.....with that and the noise they were off after less than a month!
I saw a 6mpg hit which sounds relatively correct.

Muds will be noisy.
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #26
stevesouthern
2000 WJ 

I'm doing stuf to it daily at moment so once I can get pics on I should start a build thread.
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #27
offroading.net

2000 WJ 

MPG on gas seems a little on the low side.

1999 4litre WG Limited, 4"f-4.5"r IRO springs, IRO front long arms, IRO adjustable rear a-arm & LCAs, IRO adjustable RHD trackbar, XJ 242 transfer case, 3.91 Diesel Quadradrive axles, 235-85-16 Grabber AT2's Build thread

2003 2.8CRD KJ Limited

Previous Jeeps - 8 XJs, an MJ, a WJ, a TJ & a KJ

steve@offroading.net
www.offroading.net
www.rcmodelflying.com
www.oldchadscider.co.uk
offroading.net is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.