Newbie (not exactly) but have a question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Newbie (not exactly) but have a question...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 03-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
dcastine
2003 WJ 

Newbie (not exactly) but have a question...

Hi Guys - I was a ZJ owner for years (94-04), it was a great truck. I've recently bought an 03 GC Laredo I6 with only 50k miles and love it .

Yesterday my CEL came on, I went by my local Auto Zone and had the codes scanned - P0123 (TPS) & P1281 (Low Temp.)

I'm figuring the low temp would be caused by a stuck thermostat, it gets up to operating temp if I'm parked, but barely makes it over the 100 degree mark when I'm driving.

My question is would that cause the TPS code? The Jeep is running just fine?

Thanks for your help!

Dave C
Wakefield, MA
03 GC Laredo 4.0 50k miles
67 Plymouth GTX 440, auto 12.9 @ 108mph
86 Corvette Z51, 4+3 "Survivor"

dcastine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
melk
1996 ZJ 

Not sure really. You could unplug it and spray it with some of that electronics cleaner. Maybe disconnect the battery to 'reboot' the PCM.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.