newb airbag question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > newb airbag question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
wjjack
1999 WJ 

Wj newb airbag question

I have read and read countless post regarding airbag lights on, but have yet to come across one that matches my situation exactly. The problem im having is the airbag light is on constantly and Im not getting a chime except on start up, but all my steering wheel controls work fine! the jeep is a 99 grand cherokee limited model. Everyone seems to think its the clock spring, but im thinking if that went out then I wouldnt have and other steering wheel controls working? I dont want to just throw 60$ at something if it could be something else. Any help would be greatly apppreciated since I just had a little girl and want to make sure my 1 month old is safe in the new to us family mobile. Thanks for any help!

wjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
wjjack
1999 WJ 

Nobody has any other input? Should I just replace the clock spring ?
wjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #3
Knightrider9827
2002 WJ 

My 02 had the airbag light on when I got it (or shortly after) I read something about the front sensors and wiring for them being an issue. Bought the ACM off eBay for an 04 (deletes the front sensors) search for airbag light. My light has been out ever since. (Still works normally on startup and stuff). Might not be your issue, I would say go to a dealership or some place with a good scanner to pull the codes. If it says front sensor I would get an updated ACM. But that's just me.

Also, when I replaced the radiator I found that the PO had been in a fender bender, the front bumper was crumpled in and just barely touching the A/C condenser. That was probably the reason does my airbags light
Knightrider9827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #4
Knightrider9827
2002 WJ 

^that is if yours is on at all times. There are different upgraded modules depending on if you have side airbags or not. Make sure you get the correct one if you go that route.
Knightrider9827 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.