new wj owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > new wj owner

Wholesale pricing on raceline beadlocks - only the best atArtec NightHawk JK Front Bumper Pre-Order Special - Free BSeat Saver Trail Towels now available!

Unread 03-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
holliewood61
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

new wj owner

Mrs. Holliewood and I are expecting our second child, since the cj's, the tj and a regular cab truck aren't very good for 2 kids seats I've halfway been hunting a family ride. Since I bought the WK for my wife I've developed a liking for grand cherokees. Today a smoking deal on a WJ fell into my lap and I had to snatch it up. It's a 2000 model with 108k on the clock, loaded up with leather and all the goodies. 4.0 with the nv 242 selec trac t-case. Pretty dang clean without a speck of rust. Its bone stock which will have to change, but I'm not going to go crazy with it. Probably just a 2" budget boost and a buddy of mine has some 17" jk take offs I may pick up and have powder coated. All in all im pretty pleased with it, and for the price I have nothing to complain about.

[url=http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/holliewood61/media/20150327_112806.jpg.html][/url

81 CJ7 very little stock
60 CJ5 tore down
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2015, 05:37 AM   #2
wjjeep19
2002 WJ 

Looks good. Welcome to the forum.

One slight thing: I do not believe the JK wheels will fit on your Jeep with just a 2" BB. I have a 2"BB, planning on giving my father those and I get 2.5". Then when it's time to get new tires upgrading to 3" coils.

image-2905301275.jpg

image-2646029938.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using C, C++, Objective-C, and Swift
wjjeep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2015, 06:36 AM   #3
holliewood61
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Its just the wheels that I would be getting not the tires. I believe I could run 245/70/17 tires rather than the stock jk 255/75/17 size and have it work
81 CJ7 very little stock
60 CJ5 tore down
Unread 03-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Psychotic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliewood61 View Post
Its just the wheels that I would be getting not the tires. I believe I could run 245/70/17 tires rather than the stock jk 255/75/17 size and have it work
Smart move.
Unread 03-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
WIDA
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliewood61 View Post
Thats what I did on my first WJ, worked well for over a year
WIDA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #6
wjjeep19
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliewood61
Ahhh. Misunderstood. I had a friend who was planning on selling me his JK wheels and I asked if they would fit and I was told no. I didn't think about the tire size.

Looks like I'll be contacting my friend again! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using C, C++, Objective-C, and Swift
wjjeep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2015, 11:06 PM   #7
holliewood61
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Its just really going to be to spruce up the looks, make it a little less soccer mom. I dont plan on wheeling it any time soon, that's what the cj is for. Maybe on down the road after I find a 4 door truck to suit me ill turn it into a mild family wheeler. It would be nice to have something a little more comfy to get the kids out on the trail.
81 CJ7 very little stock
60 CJ5 tore down

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.