New WJ Jeep owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New WJ Jeep owner

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
BlkJeepWJ

New WJ Jeep owner

Make long story short. I had inherited my father's 1994 Ford F150 XLT Crismon red back in 2004 when he passed! My Dad had battled Leukemia for many years! He was a stong father and man. Well back in September 2012 the truck got totalled as somebody turned in front of me and thus a front end collision and low impact didnt help as frame got twisted.

Fast forward to October of last year and I go to the Chevy dealership that was selling a nice looking 2000 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee 2WD(yes I know bad me it is not 4WD) with 113k. So I take it for a long test drive about 100 miles and everything was great. Honestly I didnt even get it checked out by my mechanic. It did have a fan problem with it not running under load or at all! They fixed that for me with a new one(free) and it worked fine! So I didnt get the Jeep until about 4 days after I had paid for it.

Fast forward to last few weeks and I feel that brakes were getting meshy and pedal was going to the floor but still able to stop decently. My mechanic said it was probably the master cyclinder leaking inside because he didnt see any leaks anywhere else. Hopefully that is the problem because it is getting replaced right now with OEM part from WorldPac(I work at body shop).

With about 5K clocked on the odometer now I can say this is a great all around vehicle. Coming from the truck that had some aftermarket parts like full custom exhaust and intake with shorty headers. The Jeep is a little slower but better vehicle for driving around the city and has an awesome turn radius!

BlkJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.