New wj build-question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New wj build-question

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
cumminshp

Wj New wj build-question

So I was looking at a xj but a good deal came on a wj it. It needs a heater core and brakes so going to get it and build that. I plan on starting with a winch,4'' lift and 33s and fender triming. I want to do frame stiffners it seems the wj's are more limted on aftermarket parts. I can fab my own but wondering if theres anywhere to buy them online also any other sites people can give me for aftermarket stuff for a wj would be great ! Thank

Pics and a build to follow

Also whos ran the 4'' rough country x series lift and any complaints ?

cumminshp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Treleaven
1999 WJ 

Hey fella. On facebook there is a Okanagan Jeep Freaks group and Jeep WJ's Only group that I find really helpful.
Unread 02-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
cumminshp

Thank you. Anyone else with any input
Unread 02-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #4
cumminshp

??
Unread 02-07-2015, 11:33 PM   #5
NCWJWK2
2000 WJ 

You may find at least 2 RC X builds on here by using the search button. Sarcasm....
Lots of useful info for the WJ on this forum.

Also a vendor on this forum "Kolak" sells lots for the WJ. You may want to PM him and pick is brain. He is very helpful.

Welcome and good luck with your build!
NCWJWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #6
xxturbowesxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminshp View Post
So I was looking at a xj but a good deal came on a wj it. It needs a heater core and brakes so going to get it and build that. I plan on starting with a winch,4'' lift and 33s and fender triming. I want to do frame stiffners it seems the wj's are more limted on aftermarket parts. I can fab my own but wondering if theres anywhere to buy them online also any other sites people can give me for aftermarket stuff for a wj would be great ! Thank

Pics and a build to follow

Also whos ran the 4'' rough country x series lift and any complaints ?
The WJ's Unibody is extremely strong compared to ZJ's and XJ's.

I wouldn't bother with any unibody stiffening unless you're running 37's or above. 33's and hard wheeling will have no effect.

They are happiest being lifted 3" based on feedback over the years. I'd aim there and with serious fender trimming/bumper trimming you might be able to fit 33's. If that doesn't sound like what you want then save up and go with a long arm lift.

Kolak, IRO, and kevins off road are good sources for aftermarket stuff. After you start pricing out a build you might want to seriously consider fabbing up your own stuff. I'd say at least rock sliders and a rear bumper should be easy enough.
xxturbowesxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
gschris
2003 WJ 

my last WJ had the Zone 4 inch lift. I thought it rode and handled well..did good offroad with 265-70-17 goodyear wrangler authorities from walmart on commander wheels.. it was an 04 Laredo 4.0L .. did not install the t case drop, never had a vibration, used to drive 80 miles to the off road park at 80-90 mph.. I chose the zone lift vs the rough country cause it came with an adjustable trac bar vs a drop bracket..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.