New to me wj!
Hey all just picked this up for 1000 bucks it has 160000 miles 4.0 interior is ok.cons electric fan has a switch on the dash to it. Just need to replace the relay , pretty sure the ring and pinion is on it's way out when I hit 40 and above you can hear the rear axle howling. Guy said it's been like that for 2 Yeats so idk. Ac only works on hi anyone know anything about that? Also how much do you guys thing I can pick up a new axle at the junkyard for? Little bit of a slow start probably a old battery but other then that it works pretty good! Do you guys think I got a good deal?
Looks EXACTLY like mine....sweeett..(and the 4.0 too)
Yeah..for 1-thou you scored.
On the "slow start" ...start by cleaning your battery terminals really good..if that doesn't help most likely battery...if it gets to where it's sputtering trying to start...most definitely your battery.. (of course your alternator could be going out and not recharging battery good)
On the AC situation...could be the low/med windings on the blower motor are shot ...or maybe the contacts for those settings on switch have corrosion...
*Also...if it doesn't already have a clutch fan I would install one (extra noise / little bit worse gas mileage worth the piece of mind)...as you seem to already know about the electric fan relays going out...the elect fans are starting to go out as well at this age. (Clutch Fan bolts clockwise right onto water pump - 1 7/16" wrench or 36 mm)
To replace fan relay just pop off passenger side headlight and cut hole in plastic (holesaw or heat up exact-0-knife...whatever works - youtube: "fan relay jeep grand cherokee"
I also recommend putting a trailer hitch on the back if it doesn't already have one...give the exposed gas tank some protection.
Anyone have any ideas about ring and pinion
I'd open it up and have a look to see what kind of condition it's in. Is there any metal shavings or such inside? How are the bearings?
These don't have low/med windings in the blower motor. They use a blower resistor. Only works on high because high doesn't go through the resistor.
Check the blower resistor visually for rust and for signs of overheating. When replacing it, also replace the blower motor since that is what makes the resistor burn up because they draw too much current.
|The time now is 07:28 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.