New To Me 4.7HO WJ P0455 Code With Knock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New To Me 4.7HO WJ P0455 Code With Knock

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 10-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
kpatterson00

New To Me 4.7HO WJ P0455 Code With Knock

First off let me saying I am no newby. I have built several 1 ton jeeps in the past. I bought this jeep strictly for work. I got a solid deal on it knowing that the oil pressure is good, runs smooth, not loss of power and extremely clean being an 02.

Now the issue: No check engine lights but I did the key trick upon test driving it and found a P0455 (vacuum leak) It does not run or idle rough, however it makes a knock similar to this.
Anyone dealt with a similar issue? I have no problem pulling it apart and checking the timing chain tensionors. Want some first hand experience before I do so. Thanks in advance.

kpatterson00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
coloradowjowner
2002 WJ 

My 02' 4.0 popped this code. Changed the fuel cap, and it never came back.
coloradowjowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
kpatterson00

Well I bought a stethoscope. hard to tell but it sounds like its come from the passenger side valve cover closer to the fire wall. It makes the noise at cold idle then stops at 2k RPMS. When warm it always knocks, faster with higher RPMs. Any guesses before I take the passenger valve cover off? I added half a can of seafoam to the oil with a couple hundred mile I dont hear any improvement. HELP!
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

Could be a thrown rocker arm. I've heard of that happening before.
96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
kpatterson00

Sound doesn't get loud until it warms up then it increases with rpms. I don't think it a thrown rocker arm. Power is good and idles very smooth.
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

cracked exhaust manifold or Y pipe leak?
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.