New to lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New to lifts

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 11-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
LowLyfe
2002 WJ 

New to lifts

Ive got an 02 wj limited that looks pretty sad at the moment due to the stock height. This is my first 4wd vehicle and Id like to lift it or at the minimum, level the front with the rear but 2" more would be better. Trying to search lifts on jeeps is like trying to learn chinese for me, there seems to be alot of different ways and products to choose from and Im lost... I need somebody to point me in the right direction of a low cost lift to upgrade the factory stance so I can put some bigger tires on it too. I dont plan to do any hardcore wheeling, but do occasionally drive along some pretty easy trails. Heres a pic of it right after I bought it about 2 years ago and it is still in just as good of shape as the day this picture was taken.

Id truely apreciate for somebody to share some information and point me in the right direction.

Unread 11-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
veiri86

2003 WJ 

your shortcut is contact Kolak, he is a vendor here with a very good prices and excellent knowledge.

His email is: kolak@aol.com

Good luck

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
veiri86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
golfinWJ
2004 WJ 

Yes contact him, he saved me money on my lift
golfinWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

If you're mainly lifting for looks, I'd suggest a 2" BB (budget boost - spacer lift). This is the cheapest route.

A second option would be to replace your springs with 2" lift springs. This option is more expensive but will perform better.

For either option, you'll need to throw in some longer shocks. You'll also want to extend the rear sway bar end links (or put in a 2" spacer between the 'frame' and link bracket) as well.

A 2" lift will allow you to fit a 245/75R16 (245/70R17) tire. This tire size will fit in your spare tire location. Keep in mind, you will need to buy the matching spare and keep up on 5 tire rotations.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
aestrad1
2000 WJ 

OME HD lift. Grab some JK Rubi take offs as well. Then you get mud terrains and 3" bigger tires
aestrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.