Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New lift, new noises help!

728 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MuddyWJ 
#1 ·
Hi, I just installed the 3" IRO lift with adjustable track bar, new spring isolators, bilstein shocks, and a rear addco sway bar with greasable bushings. Me and a friend installed it at his house and on my way home I noticed when I hit bumps it makes noises like a loud squeaking/rubbing sound. Is this just the new bushings and it will go away after they break in some or what? If so I hope so or could it be something else? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#4 ·
Dan_d said:
Yes I greased all the bushings before I installed them and I did install the extended sway bar links.
Hey Dan- did you ever figure this out? I recently put the same lift on my 04 and have a new noise weekly. I didn't have noises like this with my TJ that had 4" RE lift. Just wondering. Also, what type of grease did you use?

#5 ·
Well, I readjusted my trackbar some more because I didn't seem to have the axle completely centered and that did away with alot of the noises. And the rest of it seemed to be my rear upper bushings and probably balljoint as well. I actually just ordered all of it to replace.

I just used some castrol mp grease to grease on the bushings.

#6 ·
Well, I readjusted my trackbar some more because I didn't seem to have the axle completely centered and that did away with alot of the noises. And the rest of it seemed to be my rear upper bushings and probably balljoint as well. I actually just ordered all of it to replace.

I just used some castrol mp grease to grease on the bushings.
I am experiencing the same thing. Except when I turn into my drive way or a parking spot I can feel a slight pop in the front end. Almost like the steering is loose. But it can't be because when I drive on the interstate going 80mph its a smoother ride than before the lift. Did you use a grease gun with a needle and just inject it to all the bushings. My trackbar is centered and they actually did it for my at the garage when I got my alignment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.