new to jeep and need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > new to jeep and need help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
usnsjk

new to jeep and need help

thanks for having me. im looking at a 2000 GC limited with a 4.7. no rust with 165,000. has an old man emu lift with ARB front and rear bumpers. ARB roof rack with 4 KCs. rebuilt tranny. all records back to window sticker. 33 in tires. how good is the 4.7? what can I do to increase the power and is $5000 a good price. it has never been off road other than a dirt road and I know the axles will need upgrading and some lockers. but I think its a good start. let me know what you think.

usnsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
CBOverland

I have a 2002 GC Overland with the 4.7 HO V8. I got mine almost three years ago (with low miles). I use mine as a daily driver, no off-roading. It has very good power and I have not had any significant problems with the engine.
CBOverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
braddf
2001 WJ 

It's a good motor if taken care of....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.