New Front Bumper Design!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New Front Bumper Design!!

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #46
TeXJas
2004 WJ 

Thanks. I've been looking for one, but I didn't want to drop $700 for the Rigid Industries.

TeXJas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #47
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeXJas View Post
Thanks. I've been looking for one, but I didn't want to drop $700 for the Rigid Industries.
Mine is your basic Fleabay model with Cree leds. Pretty darn bright, all floods.
More light than the pair of 55W KC's I had on there.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #48
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

Subscribed. Looking good.
2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #49
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Here is my goal for my WJ with the new bumper.
newwjrender_zps74796d06.jpg  

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #50
JamieMCC
2004 WJ 

I like it, however, I have to agree about the "hard lines." WJ's are a sleek looking rig and throwing angular lines, in my opinion, takes away from that.
JamieMCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #51
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

The bumper nearly has to have hard lines just because I don't have access to equipment or money to bend .25" steel to suite to body lines. I have designed this with cost being a major factor. Plus, the joints where the plates meet form a very rigid structure, more so than perhaps a smoothed out bumper style

Unread 07-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #52
JayIV
2004 WJ 

Is there a side profile of that bumper available on the Jeep? That looks very good!
Unread 07-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #53
N3WAGO
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Nice design! Need some free advertising? I'll throw one on for ya! haha

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/1996-makeshift-xj-build-2582778/
N3WAGO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #54
JamieMCC
2004 WJ 

Yeah, I am sure 1/4 inch steel would be a pain to curve. I still think it looks better than even the stock bumper. How much weight would be added to the rig with this bumper?
JamieMCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #55
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayIV View Post
Is there a side profile of that bumper available on the Jeep? That looks very good!
No, there isn't. Sorry. If I decide to make another render I will make a side view.

Unread 07-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #56
ItsAJeeper

i joined just to comment how good this bar is looking and prompt you to finish it so i can buy a CAD plan off you!!

ItsAJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2014, 05:49 AM   #57
lazebum
2001 WJ 

I could use the plans too please. Lol
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #58
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93 View Post
The bumper nearly has to have hard lines just because I don't have access to equipment or money to bend .25" steel to suite to body lines. I have designed this with cost being a major factor. Plus, the joints where the plates meet form a very rigid structure, more so than perhaps a smoothed out bumper style
1/4 in is overkill for the "wings"
It is needed in the winch box for support, but 3/16 is more than enough for the rest. Not to mention cutting down on weight a tad.

Something along these lines is what I am planning "one of these days"
bumper-design.jpg  
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #59
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
1/4 in is overkill for the "wings" It is needed in the winch box for support, but 3/16 is more than enough for the rest. Not to mention cutting down on weight a tad. Something along these lines is what I am planning "one of these days"
Trust me, i thought of that! The whole bumper will not be 1/4", only parts that will come in contact with objects and the winch box. Everything else varies, such as the top most parts being 1/8" and some others 3/16". I'm trying to find the right combination for the most strength and least weight/bulk while remaining as functional and as stylish as possible.

As far as you guys wanting plans, sorry but not anytime soon. Hopefully by sometime this winter, and surely before next summer, i just cannot come up with a good estimate right now.

Unread 07-22-2014, 12:01 AM   #60
akoutdoors1
2000 WJ 

Your goal rig looks a LOT like the Bushwacker demo WJ. Great looking rig.
akoutdoors1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.