Need some advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need some advice

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
CoopDogg
2001 WJ 

Need some advice

Bought a WJ 4.7 Quadradive back in May with 140xxx miles and brand new tires. Blew the engine in July and now decided I am going to sell it as is. As I said above its the 4.7 with quadradrive. Interior is immaculate minus the cracking in the drivers side door arm rest. Brand new tires, new bearings in the front axle, new freeze plugs. A similar running WJ in my area goes for around $5500 for what its worth. Anybody know where I should start price wise?

CoopDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
losttech

2000 WJ 

I would not pay 2k for it more like 1k but it really depends on your area check the prices in craiglists.
I always say just put it up for what you want and at the same time put a add in for used engine from a wreck if you have a place to do the swap and see what happens firsts.
Unfortunately WJ with blown engines seem to be a dime a dozen you can part out but again you need space for it.
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
CoopDogg
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttech View Post
I would not pay 2k for it more like 1k but it really depends on your area check the prices in craiglists.
I always say just put it up for what you want and at the same time put a add in for used engine from a wreck if you have a place to do the swap and see what happens firsts.
Unfortunately WJ with blown engines seem to be a dime a dozen you can part out but again you need space for it.
Thanks for the info. I have the room to part it out, it's just do I really want to take the time to do it?
CoopDogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.