Need some Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need some Advice

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 10-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
SabotSlug22
2004 WJ 

Need some Advice

Okay, I have a 2004 Laredo with 2.5 inch spring lift from fat bobs garage with pro comp extended shocks. I upgraded the steering stabilizer to a rough country 2.2. It is sitting on 17" Moabs with brand new 255/70/17 hercules terra trac at II. After everything was installed, I have an alignment done and have the owner of the alignment shop, who actually did the alignment, go over all my suspension and steering elements to verify they were in proper working condition. I also replaced the tie rod ends on the ends of the drag link because they were a little worn.

Now the problem is I have some death wobble going on around 45mph and up. The front end starts to go into the death wobble but it never gets fully into it, either because a) i am taking my foot off the accelerator and applying the brakes or b) my steering stabilizer finally calms it down. I have a second rough country steering stabilizer but I am going to have to come up with a way to fab it on myself because all the kits I have found require you to have a 4" lift at least. And you can't find just the hardware kits.

Also, I measured today from the outside of the tire lugs, same spot on both sides with wheels straight, to the outside of the chassis to see if my axle was centered. I measured roughly 7 times to make certain I could get a good solid measurement. My drivers side tire sticks out away from the chassis roughly 3/8" more than does my passenger side.

The main question is, do I just need to break down and spend $150 on a JKS adjustable track bar or is "semi" death wobble something I am going to have to live with? I don't really want to keep throwing money at this because I am saving up for a new house and a wedding next summer. As this is my DD I need some help please.

SabotSlug22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.