Need jeep running again help deal with warranty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need jeep running again help deal with warranty

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
NeverL8
2000 WJ 

Need jeep running again help deal with warranty

My head is so confused right now. THIS IS FREE WRITING, grammar and punctuation not matter at the moment.

I bought the jeep from dealer ( sold as it ) but dealer offer me a 3 month 4500 miles warranty by third party company for $50 dollar extra, I accept it.

The jeep front diff is seize up couple hours after I bought it, got it inspect by my mechanic and the ring teeth is mess up, need rebuild or pull a use one from a yunk yard, total and everything is $900 dollar 600 for complete front diff and 300 for labor, He is my friend friend, so he give me a little discount, I call around and most place want 1800 to 2200 dollar.

anyway I call the third party warranty company and they say my car is broke down before my dealer send out the warranty form. so no cover for me , I told them it was on the weekent and mail wont delivery til monday, they say " well your dealer should fax that payper to us, as soon you sign it "

as this point I really dont know but to pay 900 dollar out off my pocket and fix the jeep. I talk to dealer about this, and he blame me for not calling couple day after, for me that BS my car broke down same day, I need call them fast so they can take care this fast.

so now the warranty peoples blame the dealer for not fax them the payper as soon I sign it, then my dealer blame me for not wait couple day then call the warranty company.

right now I will fix my jeep with my own moneys, but I still think something I can do about this.

GUYS IF U HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY, PLS POST, IF NOT PLS DONT, AT THIS MOMENT I DONT WANT HEARD ANY DRAMA COMMENT, THANK YOU !

NeverL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
laredojo
2002 WJ 

As long as you are still within the waranty coverage period, and the item is covered, wheres the problem? It doesnt matter who did or didnt call or send the copys you have a copy, and its dated as the day you purchased the vehicle and the waranty. They need to cover it if its a covered repair.
I think I would start talking to a lawyer at this point. The dealership sold you a broke car and the waranty co. is trying to escape paying for the repair. Dude, get a Lawyer.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Well, to get your car back you will probably have to front your own money. Meanwhile if you can't get anything from the warranty company or the dealer, you may eventually have to take them to small claims court. The dealership's incompetence is not your fault.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Unfortunately, a lawyer will probably cost more than the repair, hence the reason for small claims court.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
NeverL8
2000 WJ 

thanks guy, I feel a little better now.

at this point I will have to get a loan from bank, college just start and 800 dollar for school and mabe another 100 for book. anyway I will try get a loan and get the car fix, then I will wait few day , since the dealer say he left a message to the warranty company about this problem, let wait a few day, then I will call him or the warranty company.

at this point, I dont event ask them to give full amount, just half or wat ever, then I can deal the rest, but something seem unfair of wat happent.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
laredojo
2002 WJ 

Good luck. Dont let the waranty co. off the hook.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Gotta take the warranty company to court,the dealership is 100% off the hook as they sold you it "as is".That is what aftermarket extended warranty companies do,just scam you out of money trying to pass the blame off to someone else.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverL8 View Post
then I will wait few day , since the dealer say he left a message to the warranty company about this problem, let wait a few day, then I will call him or the warranty company.

at this point, I dont event ask them to give full amount, just half or wat ever, then I can deal the rest, but something seem unfair of wat happent.
No man, if you give them a few days, you run the risk of them ignoring you or letting your paperwork slip through the cracks. Call them every day. You can be polite and just ask for daily updates, but don't let them get away with it.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
NeverL8
2000 WJ 

so now I just deal with warranty company ?

this what make me stop at my track, warranty peoples say " your car broke down before they receice the paper work " I say " it was on the weekent, mail and everything close "

warranty peoples say " well your dealer should fax to us no matter what day its "

those thing they say make me have nothing else to say, what I need to say when I call them ?

I dont feel my dealer cheat me out, since he helping me paying tow truck, and few other thing i spend while my car broke down. I just feel the warranty peoples try treat me out my warranty.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
laredojo
2002 WJ 

I have to agree with Billzcat, be polite but dont take ,no for an answer. make it worth their sanity to pay for the repair just so you stop calling them. call every day. if nothing by the end of a week file a small claims court. They are just going to stall, and drag thier feet so you tire and go away.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
laredojo
2002 WJ 

It doesnt matter. The waranty paper work will have a date of coverage on it. The dealer is an authorized seller of the waranty. The coverage begins when the sale is finalized.
Cover your bases. Call the dealer, find out where the paper work is. Ask him to get this stuff together for you. If not, Go over there and ask to speak to the manager, give them the whole story. Get someone to fax over the paperwork. or get a fax number and fax it yourself.
Used car warantys are pretty much a scam. They arent going to willingly hand over a bunch of money, so they are going to make you work for it. get an Lawyer to look at the waranty . make sure its good and that you are covered. take them to small claims if you have to. It sucks but thats the game they play.
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #12
NeverL8
2000 WJ 

for 100-200 dollar I let them slide, but its god dam 900 dollar, I can use that moneys to lift the jeep and buy better tires, I will call them every day
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
NeverL8
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laredojo View Post
It doesnt matter. The waranty paper work will have a date of coverage on it. The dealer is an authorized seller of the waranty. The coverage begins when the sale is finalized.
Cover your bases. Call the dealer, find out where the paper work is. Ask him to get this stuff together for you. If not, Go over there and ask to speak to the manager, give them the whole story. Get someone to fax over the paperwork. or get a fax number and fax it yourself.
Used car warantys are pretty much a scam. They arent going yto willingly hand over a bunch of money, so they are going to make you work for it. Sometimes you can get a
I have the yellow copy of the warranty work in hand. I did talk to few friend, and they say the same, when ever u done sign paper, you are cover.

btw you guy think its the right thing to do right now, pay moneys out off my pocket and get the jeep running first, since I dont know how long this will continue, and I really need a car right now for school. after that then deal with wat ever problem is. my mind is not focus and clear atm, so I need u guy lead me to right path ( that is what u guy are doing now and I really thank you for that ! )
Unread 08-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #14
laredojo
2002 WJ 

Point that out to them next time you speak with them about it. I purchased aa car and waranty at the same time. I drove it off the lot and it broke. I am covered.
Most likely they will make you sue them. American buisness practices are just great some times. They dont have a leg to stand on( That is if the waranty coverage is worth the paper its printed on ) and they know it, they are just going to make you suffer before you collect from them.
Unread 08-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #15
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

If you can't get a resolution by Friday, then yeah, pay for it out of pocket. That's what I'd do. It takes time to get the bureaucracy in motion.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.